[SOLVED] Games crash if GPU reach 55-62 Celsius

Apr 28, 2020
So i need someone who would know if this is a psu or gpu issue. I suspect the psu or could be both really..

I build a new PC especially for gaming but i cant even game!
My machine was under performing a little at first but worked pretty good for a week. But now a week later it is crashing after loading or during load screen of every game i try. I sometimes can play for a few seconds, the textures will be loading weird or flicker before then crashing once more. After trying every troubleshoot it still crashes.

all temperatures were not even bad under heavy load
50-60 cpu
50-60 gpu

userbenchmark says my whole system is performing as intended oddly enough, i probably trust my components are good and its my psu thats the problem

when i crash, its a grey game screen or has no error message (CTD) and for U4 games it says drivers crashed and were reset

Been looking all over the internet for fixes
Things i tried:
used DDU in safe mode multiple times tried Reinstalling DirectX with the 'Microsoft DirectX End-User Runtime Installer
Updating the motherboard BIOS and chipset drivers
Verifying the files of, and completely reinstalling the affected games.
Trying the games with the lowest graphics settings,
Trying the games after clean booting windows.
Completely reinstalling windows and reinstalling everything from scratch.
etc

HOWEVER
now i went in msi afterburner to see if tweaking with the gpu settings does anything and what makes a difference to my game and does not crash immediately or after 5 seconds is lowering the power limit all the way down and i can play much longer now but the game still feels off like it runs looks worse than it should and plays poorly with lag spikes and stuttering

ive been losing sleep over this and am really disappointing in my luck, any help is appreciated.

specs:

Asus Rog Stix B450-f Gaming ATX Motherboard
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti
AMD Ryzen 5 2600
EVGA 600 GD, 80+ GOLD 600W
G Skill Intl F4-3200C16-8GVGB 2x8GB
Kingston A400 480GB
Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB

Anyone who seen anything closely resembling this problem before help me know if its the gpu or psu
ive heard both that gigabyte cards are bad quality and that EVGA 600w is not that trusted for a psu. Help me figure this out because i probably will need to buy something new but before i might do a last wipe and reinstall of windows and drivers (maybe)and try again to see if it runs as intended

Last edited:
Solution
thanks for a reply ok just tested this and whether or not cpu will be 44 degrees or in the 50s if my gpu reaches 58C it seems to just crash I figured i got dealt a bad gpu
Apr 28, 2020
Games crash if GPU reach 55-62 Celsius
Is my PSU or GPU the problem?

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti
AMD Ryzen 5 2600
EVGA 600 GD, 80+ GOLD 600W
G Skill Intl F4-3200C16-8GVGB 2x8GB
Kingston A400 480GB
Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB

Apr 28, 2020
thanks for a reply ok just tested this and whether or not cpu will be 44 degrees or in the 50s if my gpu reaches 58C it seems to just crash I figured i got dealt a bad gpu

Solution