muhammadahmad9794

Reputable
Jan 14, 2019
I have :
GA H81M-HD3
Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580 8gb
Kingston 16gb 1600mhz
coolermaster 850w 80+ psu

Games were randomly crashing to desktop without any error. I searched over the internet and found a thread on tomshardware to keep event viewer on and did it. so when game crashed I look into event viewer and exctly at the time of game crash there was an error which said ''display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered''.

I deleted display drivers using DDU in safe and reinstalled them but still the problem is there and don't know how to fix it. Please help me to solve this issue.

Photo:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Dpii049HhTirruqeKdpKf8hIHVPvb1xX

Last edited:
Solution
That is a very old group regulated PSU that is at this point you are pushing it beyond its limits nevertheless its old design isnt optimal for a modern graphics card , how long have yoy been using this PSU ?

Also according to cybenetocs testing your graphics card has a peak wattage of 233 watts which is a little more above 19A and your PSU is only able to provide 18A on a single 12v rail
Edit(correction) : your PSU has PCI-E 8 Pin x2 each with 28A , PCI-E 6 Pin x 4 each with 18A

If i were you i would change that psu not only for stabilitu but also to prevent damge to other system components tell us where you live and your budget in order to reccomend a decent psu for your system

muhammadahmad9794

Reputable
Jan 14, 2019
and also post you cpu and gpu thermals during load , also if you are OC then reset bios to default settings and see if this makes any changes

CoolerMaster Real Power Pro 850w 80+ Bronze

and also post you cpu and gpu thermals during load , also if you are OC then reset bios to default settings and see if this makes any changes

I reinstalled windows and drivers and moved bios switch to quiet mode 1340mhz and played AC Odssey for 1 hour and Far Cry 5 for 1 hour they both didn't crash. Temps were below 60 for gpu and 60 to 75 for cpu as I am using stock cooler.

But when I moved bios switch to performance mode 1411mhz AC Odssey crashed and I got the same error ''display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered''.

Mezoxin

Reputable
Nov 3, 2019
That is a very old group regulated PSU that is at this point you are pushing it beyond its limits nevertheless its old design isnt optimal for a modern graphics card , how long have yoy been using this PSU ?

Also according to cybenetocs testing your graphics card has a peak wattage of 233 watts which is a little more above 19A and your PSU is only able to provide 18A on a single 12v rail
Edit(correction) : your PSU has PCI-E 8 Pin x2 each with 28A , PCI-E 6 Pin x 4 each with 18A

If i were you i would change that psu not only for stabilitu but also to prevent damge to other system components tell us where you live and your budget in order to reccomend a decent psu for your system

Last edited:
Solution

muhammadahmad9794

Reputable
Jan 14, 2019

Previously I had CoolerMaster 500W extreme at that psu I used Asus Dual RX 580 8gb for around 8 months and it never crashed even a single time. When i bought this gpu I stress test this gpu on furmark and on 1340mhz it was running fine while on 1411mhz stress test was crashing then i purchased 850w psu to me it is sufficient at least for this gpu. But you are saying it is not... I bought it 2 weeks ago. I am from Pakistan and prices are different according to my local market.

Mezoxin

Reputable
Nov 3, 2019
well if you bought it new then its not that bad but again not optimal and cant be certain on how well it handles transient loads , since it was released in 2008 and there is no detailed reviews for it back then PSU reviews were very basic , if you can exchange it then i would go to one of the following models
Corsair TX-M or RMx 650w
Seasonic focus GX 650w

muhammadahmad9794

Reputable
Jan 14, 2019

Secondly please tell me how I can find out max watt and ampheres required by any gpu?? So that I should look these things and compare with psu next time.

Secondly please tell me how I can find out max watt and ampheres required by any gpu?? So that I should look these things and compare with psu next time.

It's quite easy to find the information. 1 quick search on google on "580 amperage needed" and it sent me on this forum to a post saying "A Radeon RX 580 needs 27 amps on the 12v+ rail and at least a 500w-550w power supply "

muhammadahmad9794

Reputable
Jan 14, 2019
I have again checked my 850w psu and it has 18a rails and it also has 2 x 28a rails. I used two separate rails for 6pin and 8pin with 45% fan speed and +20% power limit on 1411mhz played AC Odyssey for an hour without crash.

Mezoxin

Reputable
Nov 3, 2019
I have seen reviews as this is pretty good as it is platinum while tx650m is gold. Are you recommending gold over platinum?
platinum /gold/bronze only states effeciency has nothing to do with the PSU performance , stability or safety features
most PSU reviews are not to be trusted unless made by well known reviewers such as Aris in techpowerup or tomshardware and Okolohoma wolf on jonnyguru
also old PSU reviews are not that usefull even if they came from trusted reviewers because they were comparing it to what was considered good at that time

you can check this page to know more about a cards power draw
https://www.cybenetics.com/index.php?option=graphics-cards