Question Games crash to desktop without error after some time

Chalken

Reputable
Feb 27, 2019
After playing for up to 2 hours, sometimes only 20 minutes, my games crash to desktop without any error. I first thought it was due to RAM overclock, but after reverting to 2133 mhz, they still crash. Looking at event viewer, the are two types of errors related to the crash. First is 0xc0000005 which is access violaton and second is 0xc0000374 with faulting module ntdll, which is heap corruption. Memtest86 after 3 hours and HCL Memtest at 370% returns no error when both at stock and overclocked. Also, sometimes the game freezes, but doesn't crash, only that the music is playing. Also, it's weird that it only crashes while I'm playing, because I left a game overnight and it didn't crash. Is the RAM faulty? Both of those errors are related to memory, aren't they? Should I use my warranty on them or get new ones? I got them new few months ago. Strange that the memory tests report no errors though. I also have a pretty old PSU. It was bought I think in 2012 or 2013, it's 500w and it's probably a no-name, cheap one.

My specs:
Ryzen 5 3600 (new, got few months ago)
GTX 1070 with 451.67 driver (bought used recently)
16GB CL16 3000MHz G.Skill Aegis (new)
Asus Prime b450m-k (new)

What I've tried to solve this issue:
Removing DOCP, reverting from 3000Mhz to 2133Mhz
Manually adjusting RAM timings to the ones written on the RAM stick and the ones in DRAM calculator for Ryzen
Increasing DRAM voltage up to 1.45V
Increasing SoC voltage to 1.1V
Restoring CMOS
Disabling Data Execution Prevention
Setting ProcODT to 60 ohms
Reinstalling Windows
Cleaning registry
Running sfc scan and dism
Running chkdsk
Underclocking GPU
Disabled antivirus and added exceptions to games
Updated my BIOS
Updating Windows
Disabling audio devices not in use
Doing a clean boot
Reinstalling audio and gpu drivers

Chalken

Reputable
Feb 27, 2019
Hard to say for sure, maybe, maybe not. If it's a 7 - 8-year-old cheap PSU then you should replace it anyway, you have had your moneys worth out of it and it will fail at some point soon.
Guess I'll look into replacing it. I wonder what the culprit may be, since all tests passing make me think it's a software error. I'll try Prime95 with one stick at a time, and then do a clean install of Windows, instead of using the reset option.

Reactions: Flayed