Games crash unexpectedly

vebdt

Reputable
Apr 27, 2014
I have this problem since I updated my win7 32-bit OS to win7 64-bit, added 4 gigabytes of RAM (now 8GB) and purchased a new graphics card (Nvidia GTX 760 detailed below). Before that it functioned well but now I have a problem. If I play newer games that have high system requirements (e.g. Crysis 3, NFS Rivals, Cod:Ghosts), and I put the graphics on the highest available settings, the games run smoothly, without any graphical bugs. They don't "struggle", the controls also work perfectly. However, after 10-30 minutes, all of a sudden the games crash (without any sign). Only the games crash, it means with Ctrl-Alt-Delete i can close them (a message appears that the game stopped working), the computer remains functional and I can even restart the game the next second and it will run some more minutes before crashing again. This problem only occurs with these kind of games. Older or graphically less "advanced" games such as Diablo 3 or CS:GO work perfectly for hours on max settings.

My computer's details:
Motherborad: ASUS P8H67 Intel H67 LGA1155 ATX
CPU: Intel Core i5 3,10GHz LGA1155 6MB (i5-2400)
VGA: Gigabyte PCIe 3.0 GV-N760OC-2GD - GTX760 2GB
Case: Codegen 3343-A11 450W
PSU: Cooler Master RS-600-ACAB-M2

Is there any kind of solution to this problem?

IRyannHD

Distinguished
Have you download the drivers for your GPU?

Also reset your BIOS, this can be done whilst the PC is shut down (but still powered/plugged in) by removing and placing the button battery (CMOS battery).

And reinstall the games (that's if they were already installed when you used 32 bit) because they are probably running on 32bit.

vebdt

Reputable
Apr 27, 2014
GPU is up to date (I use NVIDIA GeForce Experience to check for updates) and I downloaded the games from Steam/Origin and they seem to be 64-bit (although Steam is running on 32bit), I'll try to reset my BIOS to see if it'll solve the problem.