Games crash unless I set profile on afterburner to : 28%/+0MHZ/+0MHZ/Auto

dankknightavngr

Commendable
Jan 12, 2017
It mostly crashes on dx11 titles and my pc restarts(sometimes shutdown) automatically 1-3 minutes into the game without and error message nor BSOD. It only works if I set the power limit to 28% which means I get 10-20 less frames in return. I think my gpu isnt getting enough power on demanding settings i think thats why dx11 games crashes... but it doesnt make sense, my PSU is a 450w seasonic 80+gold. Its more than enough for my G4400 and gtx 960 4gb amp! Do ypu guys have any Idea what is up with my PC? Btw my pc is new except the graphics card and hard drives. I bought it 6 months ago and only started crashing 2 months ago. I remember playing arkham origins on dx11 perfectly fine......... what is hapenning??????? halppp :(

Solution
Other things in the system could be taking from the over all PSU wattage. All devices require power. You could be hitting your power limits.

Normally if you increase power to a GPU, if anything it should increase FPS because you are giving it more power to work with. Not decrease.

I would suggest at looking at a larger PSU.

https://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gtx-960/specifications

Recommend PSU size is a 400wt you are pretty close to the edge with that 450wt plus the extra devices plugged into the PC. Easily could put you over that limit.

dankknightavngr

Commendable
Jan 12, 2017

my gpu temps never go above 70c and cpu never exceeds 60, Im also mining and my gpu reaches 80c all the time without crashing nor restarting/shutdown

Other things in the system could be taking from the over all PSU wattage. All devices require power. You could be hitting your power limits.

Normally if you increase power to a GPU, if anything it should increase FPS because you are giving it more power to work with. Not decrease.

I would suggest at looking at a larger PSU.

https://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gtx-960/specifications

Recommend PSU size is a 400wt you are pretty close to the edge with that 450wt plus the extra devices plugged into the PC. Easily could put you over that limit.

Solution