Games crashing after 10-20mins of playing

MCbrambulator

Commendable
Nov 15, 2016
whenever i play H1Z1, GTA 5 or Rust after about 10-20 mins they just crash however this doesnt happen when playing csgo or age of empire 2. i have tried reinstalling the game multiple times for each, reinstalling drivers. the error code H1Z1 gives me is GAME ERROR - CODE G12 and the code gta gives me is error err_gfx_d3d_init however rust doesn't give me an error just informs me that it has crashed. im hopeless and would appreciate any help. (i do always do a clean install when installing new drivers and use DDU uninstaller each time)

Solution
Most games played thru Steam and Origin save your settings like controls, audio, video and also keep track earned points, and wins and loses,etc, etc, blah, blah, online. I found Call of Duty AW, Ghost and a few other games like to remember crashes and programmed the last crash back into the game. So what happened was when my play met the criteria for the crash, it zonked the computer. @%$*##$. Yeah, you bet I was furious. I reloaded the games a number of times, reseated my ram and bought new hardware (video card and PSU). Still kept crashing. Then I asked a clan member what he did and he said,
"To clear the crashing, I had to go into game settings and find a 'reset game' or the 'default' button. Doesn't effect your wins, losses or...
For the GTA error "err_gfx_d3d_init" found this guide to be helpful. Most people are fixed when reinstalling the DirectX file.
https://errorcodespro.com/gta-5-err_gfx_d3d_init/

What are you GPU temps like in those games? Seems to me that H1Z1, GTA 5 and Rust are more demanding than CSGO and AoE Makes me think something is wrong when the GPU is being fully used or under load for a certain amount of time.

What's your full system specs?

I would try running Furmark for the same amount of time and see if it crashes or not.
https://www.techspot.com/downloads/5462-furmark.html

MCbrambulator

Commendable
Nov 15, 2016

my specs are
cpu - R5 1600
ram - 16gb 2933
board - MSI AMD B350 TOMAHAWK ARCTIC
gpu r9 280x

i havent had this problem for more than a month or so i doubt its my temps
thought this might be important but i have 2 monitors 1 at 144hz and the other at 60hz
another thing to add is when i install msi afterburner my screen starts tearing and flickering even when on the desktop

Rexer

Distinguished
Most games played thru Steam and Origin save your settings like controls, audio, video and also keep track earned points, and wins and loses,etc, etc, blah, blah, online. I found Call of Duty AW, Ghost and a few other games like to remember crashes and programmed the last crash back into the game. So what happened was when my play met the criteria for the crash, it zonked the computer. @%$*##$. Yeah, you bet I was furious. I reloaded the games a number of times, reseated my ram and bought new hardware (video card and PSU). Still kept crashing. Then I asked a clan member what he did and he said,
"To clear the crashing, I had to go into game settings and find a 'reset game' or the 'default' button. Doesn't effect your wins, losses or rewards but wipes out the programmed crash and the game settings/set up. Doing this will wiped it out of Steam and Origin."
I know this sounds weird, but sometimes it happens with online games.
Hope this helps.

Solution