[SOLVED] Games Crashing after a few minutes

Dec 29, 2020
Whenever I try and play any of the games on my computer my monitor screen goes black followed by the game crashing.
The only thing I can think of is that the cpu is overheating but I want to try other solutions before buying more thermal paste. I have tried updating the bios uninstalling and reinstalling graphics card drivers and different monitors. This started happening the other day after upgrading to a 3600. Any Ideas?

My specs
Ryzen 5 3600
as rock 5700 xt
Gskills ripjaws 16gb 3600
1tb hard drive and 128 gb ssd
Msi b450 a pro max

Solution
Whenever I try and play any of the games on my computer my monitor screen goes black followed by the game crashing.
The only thing I can think of is that the cpu is overheating but I want to try other solutions before buying more thermal paste. I have tried updating the bios uninstalling and reinstalling graphics card drivers and different monitors. This started happening the other day after upgrading to a 3600. Any Ideas?

My specs
Ryzen 5 3600
as rock 5700 xt
Msi b450 a pro max

Please Provide more details , as you said after upgrading to 3600 .What you had before ?

Try This Steps:
  1. Install Proper Drivers of AMD.
  2. Use Monitoring Software like...

ssbaraskar99

Prominent
Oct 29, 2020

My specs
Ryzen 5 3600
as rock 5700 xt
Msi b450 a pro max

Please Provide more details , as you said after upgrading to 3600 .What you had before ?

Try This Steps:
  1. Install Proper Drivers of AMD.
  2. Use Monitoring Software like HWMONITOR & Perform stress test on CPU then CPU+GPU using Prime95. If temperatures are not looking good then buy, GOOD QUALITY thermal paste (DON'T USE CHEAP UNKNOWN BRAND)
  3. Try Disabling Driver Signature Verification.
  4. Try Installing Video Driver little old than latest , I had a black screen issue because of new Video Driver.
  5. TRY Booting in safe mode with networking, play few videos on your machine from browser 4K quality if it is an overheating issue your PC will crash. Keep a look on those temperatures.
  6. Update Motherboard BIOS to stable version, please read about BIOS in its release note & then flash.
--hope this helps !

Last edited:
Solution