[SOLVED] Games Crashing After A Few Minutes

May 4, 2021
Games would crash on my 3070 a few minutes into the game, and in cases like Apex Legends a few seconds into loading in. I can't find any fixes for it and it seems that it is a driver problem because it started after updating drivers, but rolling them back didn't help, so now I'm stumped and can't find any fixes.

My specs are:
AMD 5950x
EVGA 3070
Sansung 970 EVO Bootdrive
Corsair 3600mhz 2x16gb of ram clocked at 3400mhz
ROG STRIX x570-e

I've had this problem before, but now it seems to be more severe, and last time it somehow got fixed by defragging the drives, which of course makes no sense, but I'm open to try almost anything if anyone has any ideas.

20210503_200238.jpg

Apex Legends in particular just freezes up like this
20210504_165336.jpg

Solution
I turned the ram to 3200mhz, and it seems to have fixed it for the time being. The problem arose around a month into being built, but them stopped. It would always start after Nvidia would update their drivers sometimes. I'll see if keeping the ram low will fix it forever, but if it doesn't I'll first try to get some new ram sticks and send these to corsair, and if there are still problems I'm getting the card itself stepped up through EVGA to a 3080 so that should fix it hopefully.

Could have been that 3400MHz. It's a weird RAM speed. 2933, 3200, 3600 is normally set and your CPU can run RAM at 3600MHz if the RAM is in the QVL of your motherboard using XMP.

If it was only RAM instabilities keep that RAM at 3200MHz for the...
Hi Bageldorf.

I would start with a DDU uninstall (In safe mode) of your drivers and reinstalling the latest drivers from Nvidia.

If that doesn't fix your issue it could be a few things.

You installed all drivers including the AMD chipset drivers?

Did you do all your Windows 10 updates?

What's your temperature on that CPU and GPU at load?

What is your PSU brand and model?

May 4, 2021
I have used DDU a few times with different driver versions and none of them worked.
Windows 10 because I know how to keep the software side vibing.
The CPU and GPU temps are 45/80 for cpu, idle/underload and GPU is 40/60ish.​
The PSU is a Seasonic 1000w, and no, I do have two wires plugged into the card.​
I can try AMD Chipsets but I think those are up to date last I checked, I'll try it and see, a PCI-E failure could be an option.​

I have used DDU a few times with different driver versions and none of them worked.
Windows 10 because I know how to keep the software side vibing.
The CPU and GPU temps are 45/80 for cpu, idle/underload and GPU is 40/60ish.​
The PSU is a Seasonic 1000w, and no, I do have two wires plugged into the card.​
I can try AMD Chipsets but I think those are up to date last I checked, I'll try it and see, a PCI-E failure could be an option.​

It could be an issue with the OS. If you try everything and nothing works I would reinstall Windows just to be sure it's not software.

Did you try running your RAM at 2933MHz or 3200MHz or default speed to see if it was RAM instabilities?

Good seasonic. Old model or fairly decent still under warranty?

Yes it could be a GPU or PCIe slot issue. Best I can recommend is to eliminate the software side completely by reinstalling the OS. If it does the same after a clean install it's hardware.

May 4, 2021
I just tried chipset and it crashed.
I have reinstalled windows twice and both times it didn't fix it.
I can try to lower ram speed, might be a good idea.
This model was bought like two months ago. Definitely still under warranty.
I'm going to try to unplug everything and then replug it in after dusting off the pc and hoping that reslotting some things helps.

David0ne86

Prominent
Mar 11, 2021
Sounds like a bad card to me to be honest. Do you have the chance to try it on another build? Because that would eliminate the build and pinpoint the problem onto the card.]

EDIT Just read you had this issue since day 1 basically. Yeah, i def suspect the card having issues that only aggravated with time and usage.

May 4, 2021
I turned the ram to 3200mhz, and it seems to have fixed it for the time being. The problem arose around a month into being built, but them stopped. It would always start after Nvidia would update their drivers sometimes. I'll see if keeping the ram low will fix it forever, but if it doesn't I'll first try to get some new ram sticks and send these to corsair, and if there are still problems I'm getting the card itself stepped up through EVGA to a 3080 so that should fix it hopefully.

Could have been that 3400MHz. It's a weird RAM speed. 2933, 3200, 3600 is normally set and your CPU can run RAM at 3600MHz if the RAM is in the QVL of your motherboard using XMP.

If it was only RAM instabilities keep that RAM at 3200MHz for the time being and you could replace the RAM Kit to one on the QVL and the RAM motherboard compatibility list.

Or set the RAM manually with the timings and everything.

Solution
May 4, 2021
Yeah, I believe it's the ram. Whenever I set it to 3600mhz or DOCP it doesn't do it and just boot loops and sets it to like 2133mhz. I'll probably just buy a new set of these ram sticks later and send these ones to corsair, and in the end if they send in replacements that are fixed I'll have 64gb in the computer, which doesn't really matter to me, as long as it's running at 3600mhz.

TRENDING THREADS