Jul 27, 2019
so recently upgraded my cpu and mobo
these are the specs right now:
Ryzen 5 2600
Galax GTX 1650
Aigo 550W 80+ bronze
Asrock B450 Pro4
Apacer 8 gb ddr4 2666mhz

The person at the pc shop helped me install the new cpu and mobo, and I read that if you change them you need to reinstall or have a clean installation of windows back, but I got my pc back with all my files back untouched. Then after I got home and booted up and launched some games eg. Rainbow six and monster hunter world but it lets me play for 10-15 minutes and crash, the other just gives me a black screen and crash. Verifying the files using steam makes me reinstall almost the whole game (40-50 gigs). Currently reinstalling windows and I wanna know if the upgrades caused this problem. Thanks in advance.

I'm on phone sorry for the format.

anaxgorous1

Reputable
Jul 27, 2019
I have clean installed windows 10 from usb flash drive and is it ok for me to install all my application like msi afterburner, steam, quickcpu and games all in my external HDD? It is seagate backup plus 1tb.

I have clean installed windows 10 from usb flash drive and is it ok for me to install all my application like msi afterburner, steam, quickcpu and games all in my external HDD? It is seagate backup plus 1tb.
Installing programs to external/removable drives will work, but it's not best practice because external drive paths can change if they get assigned a new drive letter.

Reactions: anaxgorous1