Games crashing after driver update.

hunuok

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2009
Hey there,

After installing Cat 10.7a hotfix (they have quadfire improvements), my rig hangs on every game while loading a level or benchmark.

I have never had this problem before.

I use the following procedure to uninstall/install drivers:

Disable Eyefinity groups, Crossfire, if enabled
Optional - Enter Device Manager: Uninstall Display Adapters and check box for 'Delete Device Driver'
Add/Remove Programs: Remove currently installed Application Profile updates (if installed)
Uninstall CCC and Display Driver, using Catalyst Install Manager Custom mode (Don't express uninstall if you have an AMD Chipset)
Reboot into safe mode
Run Driver Sweeper for ATI, don't reboot.
Run CCleaner for Registry - only select for removal ATI entries (click on Registry button on left, Analyze, then only remove Entries listed for ATI).
Reboot to desktop, run Express install on desired Catalyst driver & reboot if prompted.
Install all Application Profiles newer than Driver release (i.e. 10.3whql/a/b would use both March & April profile updates).

Also, I reset all overclocks to default settings. Same issues.

Cat 10.4, 10.5, 10.6 and 10.7 WHQL gave the flickering DP adapter issue.

All BIOS/Chipset/drivers are up to date.

The strange thing is that if I reinstall Cat 10.3 WHQL (the last "good" driver for my rig), all issues disappear.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Solution
Hello
Well i have seen many users having problem with drivers like 10.4-10.7,and they have found 10.3,the most stable driver.
For me,10.5 is the most stable driver(I have problems with 10.4,10.6 and 10.7),so stick with 10.3 until a new driver comes it
Hello
Well i have seen many users having problem with drivers like 10.4-10.7,and they have found 10.3,the most stable driver.
For me,10.5 is the most stable driver(I have problems with 10.4,10.6 and 10.7),so stick with 10.3 until a new driver comes it

Solution

TRENDING THREADS