Question Games Crashing after installing second Ram Stick *HELP*

GoonMarz

Honorable
Jul 25, 2017
So i got an identical 1x8gb ram stick (HyperX fury) to go with the other one in my PC, the only difference is the new one has a slightly higher MHz. However, suddenly my games all crash 5-10 minutes in, all of them. It has to be the new ram stick. When i first booted my PC after installing the stick, it did bring me to the BOIS menu, but i didnt make any changed or updates and just went straight into windows 10 as i didnt know if i needed to do anything, so im assuming its something to do with the BIOS menu? I have had one or two blue screen crashed but im not usre if they are relevant as this sometimes can happen but not often. I have put the sticks in the right place, however in my motherboard the second one goes the opposite side up because thats the only way it can go, but it worked as the PC identified it. Please help im not sure how to fix this.

Specs:
PC mate B350
GTX 1060 mini (6GB)
2x8gb hyper x fury (2400 and 2600 MHz)
Ryzen 5 1600

First....when it goes to the BIOS I would save the BIOS before I exited the BIOS.

" I have put the sticks in the right place, however in my motherboard the second one goes the opposite side up "

^^^^What does this mean? The sticks only are supposed to go in one way.

Also....I have come across where two sticks will not work together even if they have the same specs. I don't come across this a lot....but it does happen.

if it has a slightly higher MHz then the other then it is not identical. this sounds like a classic case of mixing and matching ram sticks which means either the sticks will not work together meaning the system will refuse to boot or get you case where the sticks generate errors and are unstable

this is why they sell RAM in "kits"