[SOLVED] Games Crashing and Can't seem to find out why

Oct 4, 2021
My problem started to arise about 3 weeks ago where I started to notice that various games would crash without reason(Hard crashing during loading, graphical crashes in D2, ect), at first I believed this was due to the GPU, but after fairly extensive investigation I believe it is due to a CPU bottleneck. My specs are below and it is to my knowledge that if my machine was running fine there would be no problem. That being said, the only tangible "proof" i have that something is wrong besides symptoms, is that my CPU is failing the "Prime Number and Math" tests using the intel diagnostic tool. Let it be known that I have painstakingly tested my ram, and updates virtually everything from my Bios, to my Audio Drivers to see if it was a software problem and it does not seem to be. On a side note, My CPU seems to be benching relatively fine using CPU-Z,

I would just like any insight as to what might be causing my problems and possibly how to fix it, and are my suspicions correct that perhaps I have a faulty CPU hardware wise

Specs-
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10850k CPU @ 3.60Ghz 3600mhz 10 Cores
BaseBoard: ROG MAXIMUS XII HERO
Ram: 32GB DDR4 3600 THREAD-RIPPER
GPU: GeForce RTX 3080 Ti
C-Drive is: SAMSUNG EVO 500GB M.2
PSU: Be Quiet Dark Power 12 1000W
BIOS Version: According to sysinfo: Rev 1.xx | According to Armory Crate: Ver .0607

Last edited:
Solution
You can go into BIOS by tapping on the DEL button as soon as you press the power on the system or restart(from Start menu) with the shift key depressed and enter into UEFI Firmware(troubleshoot). If you're indeed on 0607, you have BIOS updates pending. Gradually work your way to the latest, keeping in mind the MEI firmware update you're going to have to do with respect to the BISO version(take note of the time stamps).

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Please include the make and model of your PSU powering the entire build. Can you please state the titles of the games that you're taxing the system with a crash without an etcetera mentioned? Also, by crash do you mean a reboot when taxed or a lockup? BIOS version for your motherboard at the time of writing? OS used and the version(not edition) of the OS?

Oct 4, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Please include the make and model of your PSU powering the entire build. Can you please state the titles of the games that you're taxing the system with a crash without an etcetera mentioned? Also, by crash do you mean a reboot when taxed or a lockup? BIOS version for your motherboard at the time of writing? OS used and the version(not edition) of the OS?

Just Updates the specs to include the info you requested. In regards to the crashing, It is taking place in Destiny 2, Modded Minecraft(-_- ik ik), Arma 3 and R6 Siege. I would imagine it would happen with others, but the games I've been playing lately have been limited to those. All of which crashes can be described as complete freezes and then crashes of the game specifically, not a Bsod.

Lutfij

Titan
You can go into BIOS by tapping on the DEL button as soon as you press the power on the system or restart(from Start menu) with the shift key depressed and enter into UEFI Firmware(troubleshoot). If you're indeed on 0607, you have BIOS updates pending. Gradually work your way to the latest, keeping in mind the MEI firmware update you're going to have to do with respect to the BISO version(take note of the time stamps).

Solution
Oct 4, 2021
My problem started to arise about 3 weeks ago where I started to notice that various games would crash without reason(Hard crashing during loading, graphical crashes in D2, ect), at first I believed this was due to the GPU, but after fairly extensive investigation I believe it is due to a CPU bottleneck. My specs are below and it is to my knowledge that if my machine was running fine there would be no problem. That being said, the only tangible "proof" i have that something is wrong besides symptoms, is that my CPU is failing the "Prime Number and Math" tests using the intel diagnostic tool. Let it be known that I have painstakingly tested my ram, and updates virtually everything from my Bios, to my Audio Drivers to see if it was a software problem and it does not seem to be. On a side note, My CPU seems to be benching relatively fine using CPU-Z,

I would just like any insight as to what might be causing my problems and possibly how to fix it, and are my suspicions correct that perhaps I have a faulty CPU hardware wise

Specs-
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10850k CPU @ 3.60Ghz 3600mhz 10 Cores
BaseBoard: ROG MAXIMUS XII HERO
Ram: 32GB DDR4 3600 THREAD-RIPPER
GPU: GeForce RTX 3080 Ti
C-Drive is: SAMSUNG EVO 500GB M.2
PSU: Be Quiet Dark Power 12 1000W
BIOS Version:
Just finished updating the Bios to the latest version. Regrettably the problems persist