[SOLVED] games crashing because of new ram

Apr 8, 2022
hello i today got my vengeance rgb pro 32gb package and installed the ram. after about 40 mins of ac odyssey the game randomly crashed. i started the game again and the game crashed after 20 mins. i start it again and it crashes after 30 min. this never happened to me before. i also wanted to try batman arkham night and after 2 mins the game crashed. idk what is wrong pls help me

2060 super
b450 f gaming
vengeance pro 32 gb 3600mhz
ryzen 5 3600

Solution
dont know what you mean but i assume u mean slots 2 and 4 and yes they are installed there
It is what the correct slots are called in the manual. It sounds like you have the correct ones.

You can try increasing the DRAM voltage, just don’t go over 1.450v. That might give stability, if it does you will need to use trail and error to find the lowest stable voltage.
hello i today got my vengeance rgb pro 32gb package and installed the ram. after about 40 mins of ac odyssey the game randomly crashed. i started the game again and the game crashed after 20 mins. i start it again and it crashes after 30 min. this never happened to me before. i also wanted to try batman arkham night and after 2 mins the game crashed. idk what is wrong pls help me

2060 super
b450 f gaming
vengeance pro 32 gb 3600mhz
ryzen 5 3600

It could be your RAM that is unstable?
Please describe what you did in Bios to OC your RAM with correct Timings and Voltage?

Your Ryzen 5 3600 supports up to 3200MHz. So with your RAM being OC RAM and 32GB, may well be more than the limitations of the IMC.

RAM stability is important and so is your Bios so check for Dram errors with Memtest86, (4 passes on each module then both together). Update bios and chipset if not already done so.

Does your kit appear on the MB QVL? (are they tested)

Further troubleshooting, once you get back with the above info.

Apr 8, 2022
It could be your RAM that is unstable?
Please describe what you did in Bios to OC your RAM with correct Timings and Voltage?

Your Ryzen 5 3600 supports up to 3200MHz. So with your RAM being OC RAM and 32GB, may well be more than the limitations of the IMC.

RAM stability is important and so is your Bios so check for Dram errors with Memtest86, (4 passes on each module then both together). Update bios and chipset if not already done so.

Does your kit appear on the MB QVL? (are they tested)

Further troubleshooting, once you get back with the above info.
no errors with memtest. View: https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/hzziwr/ryzen_5_3600_compatible_with_3600mhz_ram/
here it says 3600mhz should be fine.

dont know what you mean but i assume u mean slots 2 and 4 and yes they are installed there
It is what the correct slots are called in the manual. It sounds like you have the correct ones.

You can try increasing the DRAM voltage, just don’t go over 1.450v. That might give stability, if it does you will need to use trail and error to find the lowest stable voltage.

Solution
Apr 8, 2022

if i try to increase the voltage docp gets removed and the ram mhz sets to 2666 stock