Question Games Crashing for no reason

Sep 22, 2019
A few days ago I accidentally kicked a cord on my pc, unplugging it briefly. I plugged it back in, no problems and I could play fine for a few days. Last night, I go to play and I couldn't play anything without my computer crashing after a few minutes, both games crashing to desktop and completely bluescreening. I get into the bios on advice from someone and change the xmp to "profile 1" which it wasn't previously on. I have since changed it back which fixed the bluescreening issue.

Now, my main issue is games crashing for seemingly no reason. The memory usage doesn't seem to change much whether I'm playing games or not. I can get anywhere from 5-20 minutes into a game of R6S or Dead By Daylight and the game will crash to desktop with no warning at all.

I used to get no prompts to send a crash report, but these prompts have just started showing up whenever I do have a crash.

I've gone through error logs and had friends look at them and we can't see why it might be crashing.

Does anyone know what might be causing this issue? I really don't want to spend $300+ on repairs.

SPECS
Motherboard: Gigabyte z97x-SOC Force (LGA 1150)
CPU: Intel Core i5 4590 @ 3.30GHz (with stock fan)
RAM: G.SKILL RipjawsZ DDR3 1600MHz 16GB Quad Channel, (4GBx4)
GPU: SAPPHIRE R9 290 Tri-X 4GB OC
PSU: Corsair VS 450w
Storage: Western Digital WD Green 3D NAND 240GB SSD + Seagate Barracuda 2TB

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS