Question Games crashing + kernel critical error

step31

Reputable
Dec 7, 2018
Okay so, 1 month ago i upgraded my motherboard because the old one i guess died cuz its 6-7 years old so i had to replace it and 2 weeks later two really weird things started to happen.
First: All games that i play eg. Overwatch 2 , Divinity Original Sin 2, League of Legends started to crash unexpectedly for no reason and i get no error codes. In event viewer it says ''The program (name) version (numbers) stopped interacting with Windows and was closed'' considering that i run those games at high graphics and my pc is barely getting loaded + Divinity and League are not really a demanding games so it cant be that my pc cannot handle the games.
Second: I get randomly either blue screen with error code : kernel_security_check_failure
or my pc just freeze and i have to shut it down from the power button. Also in event viewer i get critical Kernel error 41 which i researched and everybody says that my pc demands more power than the psu gives which is impossible because i use the same parts besides the new motherboard (at least thats how i see it im not an expert it just doesnt make sense to me).
I researched a bit and i did sfc scan it said that some files were corrupted and got repaired, i also reinstalled my gpu drivers, i installed again directX, i reseated my RAM and swapped the sticks, and the last thing that i found actually browing in this forum is that it might be because of my RAM mhz because with my old motherboard my ram couldnt go beyond 1200 mhz then i brought it to the local pc repair service and they somehow pushed it to 3200 back at home i couldnt even turn on the pc with more than 1200 so when i got the new motherboard they put it on 3000 and im suspecting that this could be the issue, i also have 0 clue on how much mhz do i need to put it on.
My specs are :
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 1500X Quad-Core Processor, 3500 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
Motherboard AsRock B450M Pro4-F R2.0
Graphics Card Nvidia GTX 1060 3gb
RAM G.Skill RipjawsV, 16GB (2x8GB), DDR4, 3200MHz, CL16, 1.35V

kanewolf

Titan
Okay so, 1 month ago i upgraded my motherboard because the old one i guess died cuz its 6-7 years old so i had to replace it and 2 weeks later two really weird things started to happen.
First: All games that i play eg. Overwatch 2 , Divinity Original Sin 2, League of Legends started to crash unexpectedly for no reason and i get no error codes. In event viewer it says ''The program (name) version (numbers) stopped interacting with Windows and was closed'' considering that i run those games at high graphics and my pc is barely getting loaded + Divinity and League are not really a demanding games so it cant be that my pc cannot handle the games.
Second: I get randomly either blue screen with error code : kernel_security_check_failure
or my pc just freeze and i have to shut it down from the power button. Also in event viewer i get critical Kernel error 41 which i researched and everybody says that my pc demands more power than the psu gives which is impossible because i use the same parts besides the new motherboard (at least thats how i see it im not an expert it just doesnt make sense to me).
I researched a bit and i did sfc scan it said that some files were corrupted and got repaired, i also reinstalled my gpu drivers, i installed again directX, i reseated my RAM and swapped the sticks, and the last thing that i found actually browing in this forum is that it might be because of my RAM mhz because with my old motherboard my ram couldnt go beyond 1200 mhz then i brought it to the local pc repair service and they somehow pushed it to 3200 back at home i couldnt even turn on the pc with more than 1200 so when i got the new motherboard they put it on 3000 and im suspecting that this could be the issue, i also have 0 clue on how much mhz do i need to put it on.
My specs are :
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 1500X Quad-Core Processor, 3500 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
Motherboard AsRock B450M Pro4-F R2.0
Graphics Card Nvidia GTX 1060 3gb
RAM G.Skill RipjawsV, 16GB (2x8GB), DDR4, 3200MHz, CL16, 1.35V
You swapped motherboards, you REALLY need to do a clean OS install.

step31

Reputable
Dec 7, 2018
You swapped motherboards, you REALLY need to do a clean OS install.
I think u might be right, i just got blue screen again with error code ''kmode exception not handled" and now i literally cannot access windows settings or the search bar. I can open the settings but if i choose for example '' updates'' i cannot click on anything and it just closes after 2-3 seconds.