Games crashing leading to computer not booting.

BonerToner

Reputable
Jun 13, 2014
Hello all,

So i'm semi computer savy, or at least I like to think I am. So basically I built my own rig back in 2011 and it worked pretty great. around 2 months ago my brother ended up not having enough time to use it so he gave it to me. It's quite a top notch computer, I'll post the specs down below. , Anyways the first two weeks of having it were fantastic! Nothing wrong with it at all, handling everything I could throw at it like i expected it to. I started to notice a few kinks here and there where my computer would freeze out of the blue for no reason, but this happened very rarely so I thought nothing of it really. But about 2 weeks ago, i started noticing it happening much more (Not a lot, just more than it used to.) And my games would start crashing from time to time. Then a few days ago it got to a point where i could not play a game for more than 5-15 minutes without it crashing on me. I determined that it had to be either a GPU or PSU problem, but i could never understand how it could be my GPU as it never really got hotter than 75c, maybe 77-78 at it's MAX load. So i looked into my computer the other night just to make sure everything was in securely, all i did was take out the cables and plug them straight back in, and when I went back to turn it back on, it wouldn't. Just wouldn't at all. Is this a PSU problem? Should I buy another? I have no problem in doing so really. Please any help would be appreciated and thank you for looking at my post.

Computer Specs :
CPU:Intel i7-3770k OC'd to 4.3Ghz cooled by a CM Evo 212
GPU: GALAXY GTX 670
MOBO: ASUS P8Z77-V PRO
PSU: Thermaltake 850W 80 PLUS Bronze ATX12V 2.3 & EPS12V Power Supply
MEMORY: 32GB DDR3 Gskill Ripjaw Series Z
STORAGE: 60GB SSD OS Drive, 3 TB 7200RPM HDD

(P.S, My drivers were up to date and my Temps were always fine idle and underload, I always made sure those were okay as I knew those lead to many problems.

DoGSwitterS

Reputable
Jun 13, 2014
sounds like a conflict. Try taking peices out and booting. I would start with ram - Try with one stick at a time alternating to see if one works and if all but one do drop the one that isn't working. I recently had an issue with a keyboard. I plugged in a cordless keyboard while I still had my normal keyboard plugged in. My comp went balistic. I had to plug into a a usb port I do not normally use - a 2.0 instead of 3.0 get bootable get into safe mode uninstall my usb drivers resinstall my usb drivers and then was working fine. I will never plug my stupid cordless keyboard in again! HEADACHE

BonerToner

Reputable
Jun 13, 2014

yeaaaaaaahh..... That didn't help hahaha. Thanks for the reply tho!