[SOLVED] Games crashing. No clear reason

May 29, 2020
Specs:
Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B450-PLUS "5X PROTECTION III"
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Eight-Core Processor
GPU: GTX 10603GB and GTX 10606GB (EXAPLINED later)
Power supply:
700 watt 80 plus thermaltake
RAM: 2 8GB corsair vengeance PRO RGB 3200MHZ

Okay, so I built this this computer around december 2018. Since day one I had issues with my games crashing. I mainly play overwatch and when I crash it gives an error saying "rendering device has been lost, closing game" or something like that. Other games crash too. I assumed it was a graphics card issue. So I switched with my brother my GTX 10606GB to a GTX 10603GB and started playing with it. His computer hasn't crashed once, mine still crashes. So it's not a graphics card issue. Why is this happening? I have no idea. I suspect it is the AMD ryzen. why do I suspect it is AMD ryzen? I bench marked my CPU when I first got it and my computer would crash.

Last edited:
Solution
Have you monitored CPU temps? Did you do a fresh install, of Windows, when you built this system, using the latest available version, from the Media creation tool? When I built my 3700x rig, I had a very old revision, of Windows 10, and it ran horribly. BSOD and freezing up. I got the latest, at the time, and everything was fine, afterwards.
May 29, 2020
I would probably blame that low quality power supply, over anything else, hardware wise. Make sure your bios is up to date, as well as chipset drivers, and windows, just to rule that out, though.
https://www.amazon.com/Thermaltake-...014W3EAX8/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

This is the power supply I have, it has 4.5 /5 star rating and 2,900+ reviews.. Not saying you're wrong though. Would a bad PSU cause games to crash? Also, I average about 50 less fps than my brothers computer despite using the same graphics card but I've been told power supply won't affect FPS, is this true? Also will be updating all software, though I am sure they are up to date as I have tried fixing this problem many times before.

May 29, 2020
Okay so i've updated all my drivers, bios, switched my PSU to my brothers. In fact he is using my power supply and GPU and he hasn't crashed once but I am still crashing. What could be the problem?

logainofhades

Titan
Have you monitored CPU temps? Did you do a fresh install, of Windows, when you built this system, using the latest available version, from the Media creation tool? When I built my 3700x rig, I had a very old revision, of Windows 10, and it ran horribly. BSOD and freezing up. I got the latest, at the time, and everything was fine, afterwards.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS