Games crashing on new PC build

tacticstatic

Prominent
Jun 3, 2017
So I built this brand new PC from brand new parts and then any game I run will crash out with no error messages. I've been searching for answers for days and I've come up with nothing. The PC is not overclocked and everything is stock like I put it in.

Here are the specs.

MB: Asus prime B350 plus

CPU: Ryzen R7 1700x (@3.4GHz)

RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX (@2166MHz)

GPU: Asus GTX 1070 8GB OC edition

PSU: Corsair CX650 80+ bronze certified

Cooler: Corsair Hydro H60

Running Windows 10 Pro off of a WD green 2 TB HDD

Displayed to a Vizio 4k @ 60Hz tv with a HDMI 2.0 HDCP 2.2 4k HDMI cable. Plugged into HDMI 5 on the TV for 4k @ 60 Hz

Here's what I've tried so far.

Memtest64 runs through 5 loops and no errors.

Memory diagnostic tool through windows shows no errors

Prime95 ran with no crashes and temps stayed below 75C

Uniform Heaven ran on 4k extreme wilth no crashes

Chkdsk ran with no errors.

Made sure all drivers are up to date

I'm super lost here. Any suggestions of where to go from here?

Solution
Apparently that's a known bug with Steam. Contact VALVe and see if they have a fix.

People have gotten that error, which is basically saying that the nVidia driver failed, even when using AMD cards.

Carnaxus

Reputable
Apr 18, 2017
Did you mean DDR4-2133?

WD Green drives aren't very good for gaming because they run at 5400RPM instead of the 7200RPM of the Blue and Black drives; that said, I don't think that would cause straight crashing. How did you check for the latest drivers?

tacticstatic

Prominent
Jun 3, 2017
Yes that's what I meant. And for the drivers I used driver booster for the main pc drivers and for the graphics card I went to the GeForce website and downloaded directly from there.

Carnaxus

Reputable
Apr 18, 2017
I try to avoid programs that claim to go find drivers for you; they tend to either not find the right drivers, install crapware along with themselves, or both. You might want to do a fresh install. Your components should have come with driver discs; install from those first, and then let Windows find the latest drivers for everything but your GPU.

tacticstatic

Prominent
Jun 3, 2017
Sorry it took me so long to reply, been very busy lately. But, Okay so I did everything manually like you suggested. I made sure that I flashed the BIOS to the current version, installed all the current drivers from the Asus website, and the NVIDIA website for the GPU. Made sure all windows drivers were up to date via windows update.

I did all that and my games still crash with no error messages at all.

tacticstatic

Prominent
Jun 3, 2017
After looking at the crash log there is only the part where is says "NvAPI_Mosaic_GetDisplayViewportByResolution() failed" also Mantlexx.dll and MantleAxlxx.dll not found. I downloaded the right dll files and put them where they needed to be. For the other error I googled it and it said something about driver errors. So I used the guru 3D driver uninstall program to completely wipe all the graphic drivers and reinstalled the current nvidia driver. Still getting crashes.

tacticstatic

Prominent
Jun 3, 2017
Okay I will contact them about it. You think that after so many people having troubles with the same thing that they would have a patch or a workaround solution at least. I see my issue all over the internet