Question Games crashing on new pre-built PC

Apr 17, 2022
I recently bought an Acer Orion Predator PO3-630. The PC can run games smooth, but games crash very frequently. How frequently depends on the game, and certain points in games crash more often (for example Skyrim's intro). CPU and GPU temperatures stay smooth during the crashes, but GPU use spikes to 100%. I have tried updating all my drivers, switching out RAM, clean booting, reinstalling Windows, downloading the games on different SSDs, overclocking, and underclocking. Nothing has worked. I have still not had a program crash outside of games. Running Windows 10 currently, but I had the same issues when I ran Windows 11.

What might be the issue, and what might be the solution?

EDIT:
Checker Reliability History, event code 141. Assuming my GPU was busted when it shipped. Hopefully my warranty isn't voided, if it is I'll buy a new GPU.

CPU- i7 11700F
GPU- RTX 3060 Ti
PSU- ATX12VO (500W)
Storage - 1TB m.2 from Acer, and 2TB m.2 from Kingston, barely any storage used on either
16GB RAM

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
What PSU is installed? Make, model, wattage?

What disk drive(s) are installed? Make, model, capacity, how full?

Regarding the crashes: Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes, warnings, and even informational events that precede or correspond with the times that the system crashes. Especially during game play.