Question Games crashing on PC after I have done a proper installation on drivers and purchased new GPU and more

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Dec 3, 2019
Games still crashing on PC after I have done a proper installation on drivers and purchased new GPU. It’s really bugging me as I have spent so much money for literally none of my games are working. I have also tried completely wiping my computer about 3 times with no luck. I have also scanned for malware and there is no problem with malware. All drivers up to date. I have also tried all the troubleshooting fixes such as lowering setting etc. I also never use all my RAM whilst playing games.

If anyone could help that’d be great thanks 😀

Specs:
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660
Ram: Corsair 2400mhz 16gb (2x8) DDR4
SSD: 120gb m.2
Motherboard: MSI B450 pro m-2
PSU: Corsair 650W
I also have 4 fans in my computer and it’s not overheating.

I would be happy to provide any additional information.

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2019
So, you downloaded a fresh install of Windows from Microsoft's site, using the media creation tool, then installed off the flash drive you made, completely wiping the existing hard drive? Just want to make sure; there have been many misunderstandings in this thread due to the terminology used.
Any ideas now?

Any ideas now?
Just to confirm again, did actually you go to Microsoft's Media Creation Tool download site and run that program to create a new Windows 10 install USB drive to then install a clean installation of Windows to your hard drive or solid state drive? Do you know how to install Windows 10? If you did it properly you would no longer have everything you had installed on Windows 10.

The problem you are having is possibly related to a non Microsoft .dll file. Can you list all the other hardware you have installed on your motherboard and whether you have downloaded and installed the newest drivers for everything. This would include any device currently installed like a printer, microphone, mouse, keyboard or even an external hard drive.

Dec 3, 2019
Just to confirm again, did actually you go to Microsoft's Media Creation Tool download site and run that program to create a new Windows 10 install USB drive to then install a clean installation of Windows to your hard drive or solid state drive? Do you know how to install Windows 10? If you did it properly you would no longer have everything you had installed on Windows 10.

The problem you are having is possibly related to a non Microsoft .dll file. Can you list all the other hardware you have installed on your motherboard and whether you have downloaded and installed the newest drivers for everything. This would include any device currently installed like a printer, microphone, mouse, keyboard or even an external hard drive.
Sorry for long response didn’t realise there was a page 2 🤣. Yes I did exactly that. Plugged into my motherboard is: Mouse, mouse mat, keyboard, blue yeti mic, Ethernet cable

Sorry for long response didn’t realise there was a page 2 🤣. Yes I did exactly that. Plugged into my motherboard is: Mouse, mouse mat, keyboard, blue yeti mic, Ethernet cable
Uninstall any drivers and software that were installed for the blue yeti mic and disconnect it. Use the system as you would normally for a few days and see what happens. If you still get the error message it was probably not the mic drivers and software.

Dec 3, 2019
Uninstall any drivers and software that were installed for the blue yeti mic and disconnect it. Use the system as you would normally for a few days and see what happens. If you still get the error message it was probably not the mic drivers and software.
ok i will try that. Tho i was crashing before i bought the yeti mic a few weeks ago

ok i will try that. Tho i was crashing before i bought the yeti mic a few weeks ago
What error messages are you still getting or anything new? If you are actually installing Windows properly from a new installer with a new installation, you shouldn't be getting the same error messages unless Windows update is installing a driver that is broken. The only other possibility is either your CPU or motherboard are faulty. Maybe try running userbenchmark and post the web-page link result. It might reveal some issue with a piece of hardware. https://www.userbenchmark.com/

Dec 3, 2019
What error messages are you still getting or anything new? If you are actually installing Windows properly from a new installer with a new installation, you shouldn't be getting the same error messages unless Windows update is installing a driver that is broken. The only other possibility is either your CPU or motherboard are faulty. Maybe try running userbenchmark and post the web-page link result. It might reveal some issue with a piece of hardware. https://www.userbenchmark.com/
Not getting any new errors. I'll check out the link