Question Games Crashing on Startup with new hardware/fresh windows installation.

Nov 26, 2016
Hey there everyone, been running into an issue I have yet to come across in the years I have built my computers, after replacing a faulty gpu and motherboard I had on my system for years and doing a fresh windows installation, I can not load into any games without an insta crash.
FULL SYSTEM SPECS
CPU:
i7 4790k
RAM:
32gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600
GPU:
Asus strix gtx 1070
PSU:
650w corsair PSU, (brand new)
DRIVES:
2tb Samsung QVO SSD(brand new)
250gb kingston SSD
1tb WD Blue Drive
MOTHERBOARD: GIGABYTE GA-Z97x-SLI

Have ran every test you can imagine, memtest86 ran for 4 hours and came back with no errors, crystaldiskinfo says the health of all my drives are good, scanned for corrupted files, and most importantly stress tested the GPU using furmark, an hour with furmark and no issues. Here is the exception code and the failing module from the current crash logs.
0x00000001
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll
(HAS ALSO BEEN A DIRECT3dll.dl module crash)

0x80000003
At a loss here, if anyone has experienced this and has any other methods to try I'd be glad to. Just know I have reinstalled windows and every driver countless times, using DDU. Thanks a ton!

Nov 26, 2016
i would guess this includes that you have already installed all of the latest available drivers for your new motherboard along with the latest BIOS directly from the motherboard manufacturer's product support page?
Yessir, Chipset and Bios were two of the first things I tried after having this issue. Only thing I have found that works is uninstalling the Nvidia drivers, after that I am able to actually launch games, but with poor performance obviously.

Nov 26, 2016
which Corsair PSU?
Its actually a CX750m, so a 750 semi modular. At this point in diagnosing I've gone ahead and ordered brand new components and am most likely going to part the pc out, such a shame because I'm sure its some driver issue, but across all of the forums I have yet to find a fix that works. If you come up with something let me know. Thanks again.