Question Games crashing randomly without error

May 1, 2019
So recently I have been playing multiple games such as the division 2, fortnite rage 2 and bf v as well as others and in most of the games i don't have any issues but with rage 2 and bf v the game suddenly crashes after only playing for a no more than 5 minutes and even less for bf v. With fortnite I get a message saying that the d3d device was lost. GPU load around 90+% when playing these game and temperature no more than 55C. Can anyone help out. Also PC working fine only the game crashes the PC doesn't switch off or reset

My build:
Ryzen 5 1500x
Asus ROG rtx 2070
2x8GB corsair RAM 3000mhz
Asus b-350 plus Moba
3 ssd and 2 hdd
CPU and GPU both not overclocked
RAM for some reason as default it was set to 2400mhz so I increased it to ~2900mhz
650w PSU from corsair 80 plus gold rated

This problem also existed before I upgraded my GPU I initially had a rog gtx 1050ti

Edit: Forgot to write PSU

D

Deleted member 14196

you had this problem before the new card. a Clean install will prove you had a windows configuration problem or you have other hardware issues.

before clean install, look at event viewer as mentioned above
check your cpu/gpu and mobo temps
check the psu
analyse the crash dumps
look at device manager and make sure all is good
run memtest86+ from a bootable usb and do at least 4 passes on the memory

start troubleshooting, or do what I do, Clean install and then troubleshoot any possible hardware troubles if anything isn't working

windows should never be losing the d3d device, that being your GPU

May 1, 2019
you had this problem before the new card. a Clean install will prove you had a windows configuration problem or you have other hardware issues.

check the psu
analyse the crash dumps

start troubleshooting, or do what I do, Clean install and then troubleshoot any possible hardware troubles if anything isn't working

Will try a clean install and get back to you

May 1, 2019

check the psu
analyse the crash dumps

after i reinstalled windows the issue still existed but then someone suggested to check out whether the cpu was bottle necking my gpu so i should install msi after burner and check the utilization when i installed MSI after burner somehow everything worked fine i worked for about 4 hours straight multiple times without an issue until today in rage 2 the game started crashing and in battle field v the fps is below thirty compared to the 70-80 when everything was working fine and i didn't change anything in the game setting. Any one know how MSI afterburner may have fixed my PC temporarily and how I can cause the fix to happen again

Note I had asus gpu tweak 2 installed initially which is asus gpu tweaking software after the fix i closed the program so it doesn't affect msi's software

Also in bethesda im getting some kind of connection error when launching the game but the game still launches and im downloading something from the miscrosoft store and also getting error (Code: 0x8024001E)

Last edited: