Question Games crashing to desktop at random times

Nov 14, 2020
Almost every game I play (Valorant, Left 4 dead 2, Rocket league) crashes at random times, I'm sure it happens in other games too I just don't play them, some games are most likely to crash then others, and sometimes I would get a bad_module_info error or an error referring to the game .exe file if I look it up on the windows event viewer, but the majority of times it Just crashes to desktop with no error at all.

I have tried:
  • Checked the temps of all my components by running AIDA64 extreme stability test. (they are fine)
  • Updated windows to version 20H2.
  • Clean windows install. (with a clean ssd format)
  • Clean all the hardware and rebuild it.
  • Use only the ssd without hdd.
  • Installing the latest drivers of my motherboard (although I will admit I'm a little confused about how to install the audio drivers since they have some nahimic thing).
  • Install the latest and an older version of my video card drivers.
  • Ran memtest86 on one ram for a whole night without errors, and then use that ram.
  • Updating my ssd firmware.

My only guess right now is that my video card which is quite old is starting to fail, or my ram is very slightly bad. I'm not sure if these kinds of errors could be related to my processor going bad or my PSU beginning to fail.
If you have any suggestions about what I should try please let me know, I'm literally about to throw my entire computer out the window out of pure frustration. Thank you.

Setup:
MSI B450 gaming plus
Ryzen 5 3600
2x8 Hyperx 3200mhz ram
Gtx 960 2gb
Kingston A400 240gb SSD
2TB Western Digital HDD

Nov 14, 2020
You have eliminated software problem with the clean windows installation so I believe it's hardware related. Most probably the GPU as you said yourself. It's time to upgrade it.
What is the make and model of your PSU?
As you say my gpu might be going bad, but It's kinda weird since everything seems ok except for the random fact that games crash randomly. My PSU is a Gigabyte G750H, I understand it isn't that popular of a PSU brand but it was gold rated so I thought it was fine.

Well gigabyte makes mostly crappy PSUs but yours is indeed a good one but not because it's gold rated. That accounts for efficiency under specific load and temperature. It says nothing about quality.

Your GPU is the probable root of your problem. You can try putting it in another system to be sure.

Nov 14, 2020
Well gigabyte makes mostly crappy PSUs but yours is indeed a good one but not because it's gold rated. That accounts for efficiency under specific load and temperature. It says nothing about quality.

Your GPU is the probable root of your problem. You can try putting it in another system to be sure.
One weird thing I should add, is that I bought a corsair PSU on december 2018, by december 2019 the PSU completely died, I barely managed to catch warranty and got back my money and bought with it this Gigabyte one. It's been one year since I've been using it and now this is happening, could it be that I somehow built my pc wrong and am killing my PSU?. Weird thought, but at this point I really don't know who to blame lol.

Faulty house wiring and problematic power network with many instabilities, can harm a PSU. Another way is to run it always at its peak or even more than it can handle but that mostly goes for poor quality PSUs.

What was the.model of the Corsair unit?

Nov 14, 2020
Faulty house wiring and problematic power network with many instabilities, can harm a PSU. Another way is to run it always at its peak or even more than it can handle but that mostly goes for poor quality PSUs.

What was the.model of the Corsair unit?
I really don't remember, but looking it up I'm pretty sure it was a cx550