Question Games crashing to desktop without error message ?

May 31, 2021
So, I found a Asus Strix 1080ti for cheap and sold as broken. The owner told me it works normally for basic tasks and light games. But every game that is a bit ‘heavier’ crashes to the Desktop, no BSOD or reset, just to the Desktop. He said Furmark runs without any problems and with a 1050ti in the pc the games dont crash anymore, so suspects the card to be broken or specifically the vram. Could there be something other the cause for this and would it be worth to buy the card and take the gamble since cards are expensive asf and I’m in dire need of one.

May 18, 2021
Well, it could be a problem with the other guy's PC. You can suggest him to try specific tests in OCCT and stress the whole system in AIDA64. It could be a problem with his PSU (not providing enough power or failing so crashing the program/game) for example.

May 31, 2021
Well, it could be a problem with the other guy's PC. You can suggest him to try specific tests in OCCT and stress the whole system in AIDA64. It could be a problem with his PSU (not providing enough power or failing so crashing the program/game) for example.
I was also thinking about the psu being too weak, but wouldn’t furmark also push it to 100% load and power consumption? He just just wants to get rid of it and has no time to try stuff.

May 18, 2021
I was also thinking about the psu being too weak, but wouldn’t furmark also push it to 100% load and power consumption? He just just wants to get rid of it and has no time to try stuff.
It can pull to 100% GPU power consumption, but not the system peak consumption (all components), which could trigger the system to a crash or restart if the PSU is not enough. As i said, i would suggest him to use the OCCT Power Test and AIDA 64 stress test for stressing all system at the same time and seeing if the crash is still present

May 31, 2021
It can pull to 100% GPU power consumption, but not the system peak consumption (all components), which could trigger the system to a crash or restart if the PSU is not enough. As i said, i would suggest him to use the OCCT Power Test and AIDA 64 stress test for stressing all system at the same time and seeing if the crash is still present
i didnt think about peak performance. Thanks a lot.