Games crashing to desktop

789oGaming

Reputable
Oct 29, 2014
Okay here is my problem: few games that I play mainly are crashing to desktop every few hours, sometimes even once in an hour. Other games are totally fine, never crashed. Games that crash are Project Cars 2 and Battlefield 1 and 5. In pcars crashes usually occur while playing online with at least 15 other players. Battlefields usually crash when using scope sight and same time there is explosion or something similar. Fps is very stable in both games +100fps mainly on low to medium settings.

Battlefield 1 was crashing a lot and there was this pop up: Graphics card has been removed from system or gpu driver has stopped working ( or something very similar). Well to fix that I changed gpu driver Tdr-delay from 2s to value 8 which some one said would be 10 seconds. But yeah it did help a bit. Game didn't crash that much anymore and there was no after crash messages.

This problem first happened about 18 months ago so not a new problem. I have always used latest amd drivers. Mobo bios is the latest one so are the rest of the drivers. Temperatures never pass 77 degrees in gpu or 68 in cpu.

Cpu (4790k) hasn't been overclocked until few days ago when I used Ai Suite 3 to overclock it to 4.6/4.5/4.4 GHz which didn't actually have any kind of effect to crashing. Gpu has been running a little overclock before but when bf1 started to crash very often I dialed down the overclock. I have runned it stock, major underclock, stock Clock with over and under voltage and nothing seems to affect crashing. I have always used 3DMark stress test to make sure gpu is stable ( 99.1 -99.7% in Fire strike extreme)

Is my problem even gpu related? I have no idea anymore. I think it's gpu driver that is crashing for some reason, but not sure. Could vram be the problem, could it be unstable or something? Also some artifacting occurs once in a while.

My system:
-Amd R9 Nano (vbios. 015.049.000.004.006114, latest 19.2.1 drivers at the moment) tested 875-1120MHz
-Asus Z97-Progamer with i7 4790k ( at the moment 4.5GHz oc) with 16GB HyperX Fury 1600MHz ram (4 sticks)
-750w silverstone strider gold s psu
-Windows 10 Pro 64bit
-At the moment 1080p 144hz monitor

"16GB HyperX Fury 1600MHz ram (4 sticks)"

Kingston does not appear to make such a kit, which means you are using multiple kits combined together. Such configurations have no guarantee to be compatible together. The result could be causing your performance issues.

789oGaming

Reputable
Oct 29, 2014

Yeah I'm using two separate kits. If I remember right, problems didn't happen before I installed second ram kit. Not sure though.

789oGaming

Reputable
Oct 29, 2014
Okay I took off two newer sticks. In battlefield 5 frame rates seem to be higher but in start of each match there are some stuttering. But yeah the game crashed with two sticks also but I think it still was a bit more stable than before.

789oGaming

Reputable
Oct 29, 2014
Update: I ran memtest86 and it gave no errors. I used DDU to uninstall gpu driver and then installed the latest one. I fix all registry errors with ccleaner and run sfc/scannow with no errors. After crash there's a pop up message from Radeon app saying that something went wrong and default settings have been applied. But that changes nothing because I was running default settings before crash happened. Btw there haven't been a single bsod crash only game crashes but everything else works fine I guess.