Question Games crashing to desktop ?

BuiltDifferent

Prominent
Apr 21, 2021
Hi everyone!
I have had my pc for over a year now, and it was doing fine until recently. My games (valorant, warzone, r6, and gta 5) all started crashing to desktop with no error messages at all after a few minutes in. And on rare occasions, the pc would have a BSoD or shut off and restart. I have tried troubleshooting this problem but I didn’t really get anywhere:

• I have run memtest86 for several hours and there wasn’t any errors.
  • I have reinstalled Windows.
  • I have checked to make sure that I had the latest drivers for everything.
  • I have also made sure that my gpu and cpu temps were normal during games.

Nothing really seemed to help. I have only found a temporary fix, where I have to restart my pc every time the game crashes to desktop. This will stop the game from crashing again for a few hours most of the time.

Here are my pc specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 2600
GPU: MSI GTX 1650 Super Gaming X
Ram: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200MHz
PSU: Corsair CX 550M Semi-Modular
Motherboard: ASRock B450m Pro4
Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 1TB
SSD: WD_Black SN750 NVMe 500 GB
Operating System: Windows 10 ( installed on ssd)

No cpu overclocking, but the GPU is factory overclocked.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

Ralston18

Titan
Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes, warnings, and even information events that precede or correspond with game crashes.

Start with Reliability History: much more end user friendly and the timeline format can be quite revealing.

With either tool you can click an error for more details. The error details may or may not be helpful. Look for any numerical codes.

Increasing numbers of errors and varying errors could be PSU related.

How old is the existing PSU? Was it new, refurbished, used? Heavy gaming or video editing use? Even bit-mining?