[SOLVED] Games "crashing" windows

Nov 18, 2020
So the other day i was playing rise of the tomb rider and while loading a level it froze and left me with no way to close the game other than restarting the pc(even Alt+ctrl+Delete wouldn't work). After restarting the windows didn't load and it said something like: reboot the computer and select a proper boot device. I rebooted went into bios and saw that the pc wasn't even recognising my ssd. After unplugging the pc for a few seconds windows boot manager appeared in boot options, i clicked on it and the windows ran but there seems to be no sound coming out of te speakers.

Now i'm afraid that my ssd is messed up. Because something like this already happened to me a few times while playing witcher 3 on windows 7(the windows asked for repair and i installed windows 10 after it happening for the third time). I don't know if anyone can work anything out of this mess of a thread but if you can i'd be grateful cause i'm sick of having to reinstall windows for bullcrap like this.

G4400 3.3ghz
Amd radeon r9 290x
DDR4 12Gb 2400MHz
Gigabyte Z170X LGA1151

Last edited:
Solution
So the other day i was playing rise of the tomb rider and while loading a level it froze and left me with no way to close the game other than restarting the pc(even Alt+ctrl+Delete wouldn't work). After restarting the windows didn't load and it said something like: reboot the computer and select a proper hard drive. I rebooted went into bios and saw that the pc wasn't even recognising my ssd. After unplugging the pc for a few seconds the windows ran without any problems.

Now i'm afraid that this might happen again and completely kill my windows. Because that already happened to me once while playing witcher 3 on windows 7(the windows asked for repair and i installed windows 10 after that). I don't know if anyone can work anything...
So the other day i was playing rise of the tomb rider and while loading a level it froze and left me with no way to close the game other than restarting the pc(even Alt+ctrl+Delete wouldn't work). After restarting the windows didn't load and it said something like: reboot the computer and select a proper hard drive. I rebooted went into bios and saw that the pc wasn't even recognising my ssd. After unplugging the pc for a few seconds the windows ran without any problems.

Now i'm afraid that this might happen again and completely kill my windows. Because that already happened to me once while playing witcher 3 on windows 7(the windows asked for repair and i installed windows 10 after that). I don't know if anyone can work anything out of this mess of a thread but if you can i'd be grateful cause i'm sick of having to reinstall windows for bullcrap like this.

G4400 3.3ghz
Amd radeon r9 290x
DDR4 12Gb 2400MHz
Gigabyte Z170X LGA1151
Do a proper checks on that disk, maybe it's developing some troubles, https://www.hdsentinel.com/hard_disk_sentinel_trial.php for instance.

Solution