Question Games crashing with xmp ?

shadowflipz

Commendable
Oct 19, 2020
Hi.
i'am having a problem with running xmp and games crashing.

my build is
ASUS ROG Strix B550-F GAMING + Ryzen 7 3700X
Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3600MHz 16GB
2x8GB DDR4 3600Mhz (PC4-28800) CL18, XMP 2.0, sort

Sendt
Varenr: 1133603 / Prodnr: CMK16GX4M2Z3600C18

i am currently running 4 ram sticks 2x8+2x8 tho the same ram as above
my question is when i xmp them to 3600 MHz, games keep chrasing on me often.
when i dont use XMP i dont have any crashes.

is it bad to run 2x8+2x8?
i havent tried to adjust any settings in bios yet.
should i be able to run those rams without problems or is it because i need to only use one kit of 2x8gb?

Will it help to try to set the RAM to 3200MHz?

hope someone with more experience can help me here.

thx.

Lutfij

Titan
Please take a picture of the stickered info on both ram kits and parse them here on this thread for us to look at. If they have two different PCB revisions, that could be the primary cause of the issue.

As for your platform, can you please state the BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time?

shadowflipz

Commendable
Oct 19, 2020
Please take a picture of the stickered info on both ram kits and parse them here on this thread for us to look at. If they have two different PCB revisions, that could be the primary cause of the issue.

As for your platform, can you please state the BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time?
thanks for the reply, currently at work but will take pictures and update the thread when i come home :)

shadowflipz

Commendable
Oct 19, 2020
hey, i took out the ram, but ofc forgot to take a picture of the sticker couse i saw that on 2 sticks it said version 3.. and on the other 2 it said version 8.2
i had one of each in a1 and b1 and same in b, so i tought i haf found the mistake..
sat same version in a1,b1 and same and turn xmp on.
same chrases happend after like 15-20 min in game.
tried to adjust it down to 3533MHz but with same resalut.

bios version is 2201

shadowflipz

Commendable
Oct 19, 2020

have posted, so they have diffrent versions. does that mean i should only run one of the kits?

okey, will try to go down to 3200, and ill let you know if that works
It's been a while since I've played with RAM, but if you need to set everything manually then I would just take the timings for your kit from Corsair first:
https://www.corsair.com/uk/en/Categ...EANCE-LPX/p/CMK16GX4M2D3600C18#tab-tech-specs

Once you get to a frequency that's working ok you might want to try lowering timings a little to what Corsair would normally ship with 3200 or 3000Mhz as high frequency RAM has slightly higher latency.