Games crashing

finnickfry

Honorable
Feb 8, 2013
Hello everyone,

I have recently bought a new PC in order to play games on, however I have been having some sort of issue that seems to be happening on most games. The two games that it seems very prominent on are Diablo 3 and Civ 5. With Diablo 3 whenever I click the play button on the launch screen the game will load and I will see the login screen for about a second or two and then the screen will go black and the computer will become unresponsive, the only way out of this is to manually turn off the CPU and turn it back on again. The same issue where the screen goes black and the keyboard is unresponsive happens occasionally with Civ 5 when I play on Directx 10 setting. I have a new HP with windows 8 64 bit, a AMD radeon 7670HD graphics card, it is the HP ENVY Phoenix h9-1315t CTO Desktop PC. Does anyone have any idea what this could be? I am fairly new to PC's and have tried a few things like unistalling and reinstalling the graphics driver, as well as turning down the frame rate and messing with the compatibility modes. I hope it is okay I am posting in this section. Any help at all will be great!!!! Thanks.

if you have updated the graphics drivers to the current version I would try to change the graphics mode that the game is trying to start up in. for example look for a game setting to start in full screen windowed mode I have found these are more likely to work for me.

finnickfry

Honorable
Feb 8, 2013
Thanks for the response! I have tried windowed mode in Diablo 3 and still have the same crash. I just feel like the two games having the same crash is due to the same problem, again thanks to anyone who responds to this.