Question Games Crashing

May 16, 2019
My PC crashes as I play many games, and utilizes either the CPU or GPU to 100% whilst the other is less than 30%; the game usually plays for a little while. My plan is upgrading my CPU to a Ryzen 7 2700x, in terms of bottlenecking (at least I think). If this issue proceeds even when I have purchased the CPU, would it most likely be the GPU at fault?

Ryzen 5 1400
EVGA 1080ti FTW3
MSI Bazooka A320M
8GB Geil Sync ram
Thermaltake Litepower 750W PSU

trandaa

Reputable
Feb 21, 2019
Ahh, the RAM is Geil Super Luce 2x4gb
In terms of Temps, the GPU sits at 65°-75° and the CPU 57° .
My cooling setup 3 case fans and wraith spire cooler for the CPU

I hope these temps are gaming temps, right?

Honestly, I don't like your PSU, it's a very low quality one. I was looking at your specs again, do you really have a 700€ GPU coupled with one of the worst tiered PSUs?
I surely recommend you to upgrade the PSU first instead of CPU.
How old is your system?

May 16, 2019
I hope these temps are gaming temps, right?

Honestly, I don't like your PSU, it's a very low quality one. I was looking at your specs again, do you really have a 700€ GPU coupled with one of the worst tiered PSUs?
I surely recommend you to upgrade the PSU first instead of CPU.
How old is your system?

Yeah the temps was from running Final Fantasy 15.

It's not too old but yeah, I was considering upgrading my PSU also. I bought the system from another person, then upgraded the GPU to a 1080ti which was originally fitted with a rx580. I'd like to think that the problem lies within either the CPU or PSU, or perhaps both.

trandaa

Reputable
Feb 21, 2019
I see, it's hard to say when it's an used PC. Is that from someone you know, or you bought if from ebay (or similiar sites)?
Have you tested/stressed the components (Prime 95 for CPU, MemTest for RAM)?
Do you get any error messages or it just shut down without any warning?
Btw, on which res are you gaming?

TRENDING THREADS