Distinguished
Jun 25, 2007
Mostly i play World of Warcraft, randomly i get this error msg:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This application has encountered a critical error:

ERROR #132 (0x85100084) Fatal Exception
Program: C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\WoW.exe
Exception: 0xC0000005 (ACCESS_VIOLATION) at 001B:006543A6

The instruction at "0x006543A6" referenced memory at "0x000004C0".
The memory could not be "read".

WoWBuild: 6803
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It closes out my game and i have to restart, Memtest86+ gave no errors on 3 passes. ( 1hr ) Tried disabling Add-Ons to no avail, also happens with all of my other games. Thanks for any help.

Specs:
ASUS A8N-Sli Premium
500W PowerSupply
1GB Ram
eVga Geforce 7800GT
AMD 3700+

picho

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2007
"Memory could not be read" just means the application tried to read an invalid memory address. This generally points to the application at fault, although it could be the result of some other corruption. If you're not seeing sporadic BSODs, it's unlikely to be a corruption but rather possibly some race condition in the WoW application.

eatmorecarbs

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2007
"Memory could not be read" just means the application tried to read an invalid memory address. This generally points to the application at fault, although it could be the result of some other corruption. If you're not seeing sporadic BSODs, it's unlikely to be a corruption but rather possibly some race condition in the WoW application.

Hmm...its not only WoW, ive also had it happen playing Unreal Tournament 2004, and Guild Wars. (The only other games i currently have installed)

Mondoman

Splendid
Try running PRIME95 in "torture test" mode - this will stress your CPU/memory more than memtest86+ will, and may show up heat-related errors. Oftentimes, errors that show up after gaming for a while are heat-related.

eatmorecarbs

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2007
Try running PRIME95 in "torture test" mode - this will stress your CPU/memory more than memtest86+ will, and may show up heat-related errors. Oftentimes, errors that show up after gaming for a while are heat-related.

Prime95 been running for 3 hrs, still fine.

systemlord

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2006

Try Othos its great at finding errors. If you are getting any errors related to you CPU or RAM Orthos will show it. Let it run for at least 4 hour, or the longer the better.

eatmorecarbs

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2007

Try Othos its great at finding errors. If you are getting any errors related to you CPU or RAM Orthos will show it. Let it run for at least 4 hour, or the longer the better.

I think my CPU is fine...Prime95 has had it going at 100% for 3 hours. (Or thats what Win Task Manager says) On the Orthos website, the guy states that what he did was take Prim95 and create a better GUI for it, so to the best of my knowledge, using Orthos wouldn't really help. If anyone can prove me wrong or i misread please do so. :?

systemlord

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2006

I think my CPU is fine...Prime95 has had it going at 100% for 3 hours.

I sure hope you have more than 24 hours of stressing "both" cores! If you only have total of 3 hours on Prime95 oh boy, but you seem to have it all figured out.

croc

Distinguished
BANNED
Sep 14, 2005
3 hrs of prime95 is 'probably' the same as running wow all day... Is it enough to prove the entire system? Probably not. But prime95 can't tell you all that much past memory and cpu...

I'd say for the OP's purpose at this point 3 hrs was 'enough'.

Personally I think it will end up being a driver issue, but I'll just watch and learn.

Techfan

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2007
I have the same motherboard with you and i expirienced similar problems.
Actually it has a problem if you put on it 4 memory sticks. Also many others who own this kind of motherboard had the same problems.

I suggest you if you can put 2 mem sticks could solve the problem.

Techfan

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2007
Do you have the same motherboard Asus A8N-SLI premium? Anyway to clarify things out did you tried other games instead of WoW? Before i mess around with hardware i eliminate the possibility of software.

Next thing try fresh installation of windows, reinstall the latest drivers before you install programs and give it a try.

croc

Distinguished
BANNED
Sep 14, 2005
I had two a8n-sli deluxe MB's, and then an a8n-32 sli deluxe MB. The only difference between the a8n-sli deluxe and the premium, from memory, was a few more features that I personally didn't need...

I do not play wow, so don't know what you're on about

eatmorecarbs

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2007
When my PC is sitting at the desktop with only a few things open like Aim and Opera, the only problem i get is sometimes when watching a video Opera crashes. When i play a game, i get that error randomly. (Sometimes only a min or two after powering on the system) I let Prime95 run for a few more hours, making it run for about a total of 12 hours. No errors there. Now, this morning, i logged into WoW, walked around for maybe 2 minutes, and got this BSOD.

*** STOP 0x0000007E (0xC0000005, 0xED6F102F, 0CED9B2B9C, 0xED9B2898)

*** Kmixer.sys - Address ED6F102F base at ED6D4000, Datestamp 448FCD31

By the way, thanks for all the help so far.

EDIT: Missed these, 3700+ has only one core, and i have 2x512. Only 2 sticks of RAM in the "Blue" DIMMs.

Hmmm, uninstall your sound drivers and see what happens. You might also try turning off any acceleration in the sound driver. See if you can find some updated ones.
I remember getting all kinds of grief from sound driver problems. Sometimes turning off or lowering hardware acceleration settings solved the problem.

eatmorecarbs

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2007
Hmmm, uninstall your sound drivers and see what happens. You might also try turning off any acceleration in the sound driver. See if you can find some updated ones.
I remember getting all kinds of grief from sound driver problems. Sometimes turning off or lowering hardware acceleration settings solved the problem.

That is working so far! Uninstalled the drivers for onboard sound and so far 6hrs of WoW with no interrupts at all. Thank you so much, just i guess i will have to find drivers that work.