Question Games do not look right at all

nickfurio

Prominent
May 5, 2019
Hello all, I recently noticed that every game I play looks way off on ultra/high settings. My last straw was with recently released Watch Dogs legion that just does not look good on my system at all on high/ultra settings with DLSS on quality and ray tracing on high. Attached are some screenshots of the game and take note of the buildings with that like black trim near the windows, that flickers. I can attach other screenshots from other games as well but the same problem is prevalent there as well as games do not look right. I have the most up to date drivers and widows 10 version as well. If need be, I can get more screenshots from other games.
Imgur link for screenshots
RTX 2070 Super
I7 8700k 3.89GHZ
16 Gigs memory
TB HDD
250 SDD
1080p at 144hz
No power problems

nickfurio

Prominent
May 5, 2019
Have you maxed out anti-aliasing or other thingy (not quite sure of the name but it goes x4,x8 etc.)? That should in general smooth out the edges from being blocky.
Anti-alasing is maxed on DLSS and even with DLSS off on TAA it looks like that. I assume you mean texture filtering which in this games case is not the x4 thing its on Ultra.

nickfurio

Prominent
May 5, 2019
After reading on Nvidia forums it seems like issue with its own control panel, or the AA isnt implemented well?
Could you take a little clip and link it here?
When it happened?
Did you update the Nvidia drivers and then that happened or its before?
As for the Drivers, it did not matter it was like that before and after. Also my control panel is set to "Let the 3d application decide". Not 100% sure how I would upload a clip. Thank you though for checking the forums by the way.

As for the Drivers, it did not matter it was like that before and after. Also my control panel is set to "Let the 3d application decide". Not 100% sure how I would upload a clip. Thank you though for checking the forums by the way.
Probably on youtube or whatever (to understand is that what I've looked for).
You might try to install nvidia drivers without the software of nvidia itself, i had issue like that with AMD software crashing all over the place/beeping noises (when they introduced the chill mode, every key made the software beeping) until they fixed it.

nickfurio

Prominent
May 5, 2019
Try turning on ambient occlusion.
I saw that game was released day ago but the latest drivers are game ready for the WD:Legion
"Right-click on your desktop and select NVIDIA Control Panel. From the NVIDIA Control Panel menu, select Help > System Information. The driver version is listed at the top of the Details window. For more advanced users, you can also get the driver version number from the Windows Device Manager. Right-click on your graphics device under display adapters and then select Properties. Select the Driver tab and read the Driver version. The last 5 digits are the NVIDIA driver version number. "
Which should be 457.09

nickfurio

Prominent
May 5, 2019
I saw that game was released day ago but the latest drivers are game ready for the WD:Legion
"Right-click on your desktop and select NVIDIA Control Panel. From the NVIDIA Control Panel menu, select Help > System Information. The driver version is listed at the top of the Details window. For more advanced users, you can also get the driver version number from the Windows Device Manager. Right-click on your graphics device under display adapters and then select Properties. Select the Driver tab and read the Driver version. The last 5 digits are the NVIDIA driver version number. "
Which should be 457.09
Yeah I updated the drivers already

nickfurio

Prominent
May 5, 2019
Which should be 457.09
it very much can be the game honestly, it is only using 2% of my gpu

Reactions: RememberThe5th