Question Games don't play fullscreen when they should

hpafonso

Reputable
Jul 3, 2016
Hey guys. I recently got a brand new laptop, with pretty acceptable specs for general college use, but I wanted one that I could also use for some light gaming, like league of legends, cs:go, and so on. It's an ASUS VivoBook, with a Ryzen 5 3500U (Vega 8 Graphics), with 8Gb of RAM and a 256Gb SSD + 1TB setup. The odd thing is, whenever I choose to play a game at a lower resolution than the laptop's screen (1080p), and I choose to stay fullscreen, it preserves the actual resolution, and plays the game in the top left corner. Like, if I choose for example, 800x600 fullscreen, it just plays a square on the top left corner. I uploaded a pic with the actual problem. Everything in my Radeon Settings is set to full panel. I'll leave some pics of what my screen looks like when I set CS:GO's res. to 800x600 fullscreen, and some print screens of my Radeon Settings. If anyone has any idea of what this might be I would be so, but so grateful. My laptop plays some games just fine, but they must be lower than 1080p to run at 60fps+, and not being able to play them fullscreen bugs me so much! Thanks again guys.

divadoll

Honorable
Jan 20, 2015
I had the same problem. Games opened full screen in Windows 7 if I checked "fullscreen" in the game options. With Windows 10 however, I got a small windowed box. Go back to your game's options and make sure fullscreen is checked. Also see if there is a box for widesreen or aspect ratio. Check the widescreen box and if you see aspect ratio, make sure that box is unchecked. My games now work. Good luck.

ASK THE COMMUNITY