Question Games don't use all of my RAM.

HaloLastName

Reputable
Sep 17, 2020
I just bought 24gb of RAM and installed it. Whenever I go to about my PC it says that I have 24gb installed, but whenever I start a game like Warzone, it says I only have 8gb that I can use. Any idea on how to use more ram for games?

kanewolf

Titan
I just bought 24gb of RAM and installed it. Whenever I go to about my PC it says that I have 24gb installed, but whenever I start a game like Warzone, it says I only have 8gb that I can use. Any idea on how to use more ram for games?
24GB RAM is an atypical number. That means you have 2x8GB + 2x4GB OR 3x8GB (for a typical desktop). Either of those situations could cause some of your RAM to show up as "hardware reserved". If the 16GB is 2x8GB and was purchased as a set, start with JUST that RAM installed. Check task manager and see if a large portion shows up as hardware reserved.

HaloLastName

Reputable
Sep 17, 2020
24GB RAM is an atypical number. That means you have 2x8GB + 2x4GB OR 3x8GB (for a typical desktop). Either of those situations could cause some of your RAM to show up as "hardware reserved". If the 16GB is 2x8GB and was purchased as a set, start with JUST that RAM installed. Check task manager and see if a large portion shows up as hardware reserved.
68.8mb of ram is hardware reserved for me.