Question Games don't work with 2 sticks of RAM, but run horrible with 1

Jan 30, 2020
Hi all! I've been having some issues off and on when gaming on my PC that have turned into issues that occur near daily. Often times when playing heavier games they will either crash to the desktop with no error message or crash report, or the PC will bluescreen.

My specs are as follows: ASROCK B450-MHDV R4.0
Ryzen 7 2700X
Vega 56 8GB
16 GB DDR4 RAM at 3200
1TB M.2 WD Black
Corsair CXM 650W PSU

I have nothing overclocked and its on a very fresh install of windows, drivers are ALL up to date, after completely uninstalling and reinstalling them multiple times, BIOS is up to date as well, etc, etc. These issues ONLY happen on specific heavier games such as Modern Warfare, Rainbow 6 and Tarkov but can sometimes happen on more casual games as well.

I tried taking a stick of RAM out of the after getting a few bluescreens from Modern Warfare pertaining to memory errors. This actually has solved the entire issue of ALL my games crashing. The only issue is now, games like Modern Warfare run HORRIBLY and barely improve when in windowed mode, while games like Siege are completely fixed, and Tarkov is unplayable, unless run in windowed mode which runs flawlessly.

I have been dealing with this for 2 months now and any insight would be incredibly appreciated!

Lutfij

Titan
Let's work from the bottom, up. Which BIOS version are you currently working with? Can you parse the specs to your ram kit? A link would help two fold. Which games are you taxing the system with? etc will not help, we will need the titles names. The titles you've already stated tend to tax the system well. You might want to check and see which version of Windows 10 you're currently on and your resource usage while in Task Manager.

Also, welcome to the forums, newcomer!