[SOLVED] Games freezing for 1 - 6 second randomly

Mar 7, 2019
Hello,

When i play games like half life, Counter strike or any other; the game freezes for a few seconds randomly and then continues like nothing happened, and then does it again.
This happens mostly in situations where explosions happen or even the slightest of effects.

Normally my pc shouldn't freeze since my pc specs are really good.
I have been playing these games for a long time and i haven't encountered any problems like this till today.

I also checked my CPU usage and it was normal like always.
I checked for viruses or malware that may be causing this but i also can't find any.

Specs
_
GPU: Gtx 1050 ti 4gb

Cpu: Amd Ryzen 5 2600X six core processor 3.6 - 4.2 GHz (I am mostly in 3.6 GHz)

RAM: 8gb

System type 64 bit
_

Solution
Okay, that's good you have dual channel running :)

Hmm, that seems a bit odd. I'd suggest starting with getting the latest drivers for the GPU and doing a clean install. It's possible a WIndows update has issues, so do that first and test again. Hopefully that will fix it.
Also worth updating all system drivers too.

Let us know how you get on.
Well, specs being really good is debatable. You have a mid range GPU for 1080p/60hz. It's not great at that res, but is okay and you have to dial back settings a little to keep up 60FPS.

Also you have 8gbs of ram, which can impact gaming. I'm not saying that's the issue but it could be. Do you have 1 x 8gb DIMM or 2 x 4gb DIMM. Having two DIMMS means you run in dual channel. Dual channel is better than single channel (1 x stick of ram) and gives about 10-20% performance increase.

Mar 7, 2019
Well, specs being really good is debatable. You have a mid range GPU for 1080p/60hz. It's not great at that res, but is okay and you have to dial back settings a little to keep up 60FPS.

Also you have 8gbs of ram, which can impact gaming. I'm not saying that's the issue but it could be. Do you have 1 x 8gb DIMM or 2 x 4gb DIMM. Having two DIMMS means you run in dual channel. Dual channel is better than single channel (1 x stick of ram) and gives about 10-20% performance increase.
2 x 4

But all of my games were running perfectly yesterday, i get 100- 300 fps in most games and for some reason today everything seems to freeze.

Okay, that's good you have dual channel running :)

Hmm, that seems a bit odd. I'd suggest starting with getting the latest drivers for the GPU and doing a clean install. It's possible a WIndows update has issues, so do that first and test again. Hopefully that will fix it.
Also worth updating all system drivers too.

Let us know how you get on.

Solution