[SOLVED] Games frequently freezing for half a second ?

Sep 7, 2021
This only started happening around a week ago and this computer is about a year old, including all components.
It seems to happen every 15-30 seconds or so. It is a small freeze where everything stops in game and the just resumes after 1 second maximum.

Here is a clip of the freeze:
https://www.reddit.com/user/haploiid/comments/pkk76w/freeze_test/ the freeze happens at around 12 seconds, it unnoticeable but i still see it every time and this happens in every game, even 2d pixel art games.

And here is my GPU at the time of the freeze:
https://www.reddit.com/user/haploiid/comments/pkk918/freeze_test_1/ underlined when the freeze happened.

My specs:

GPU: NVIDIA RTX 3070 Founders,
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X Processor
Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming AM4
PSU: Cooler Master MWE gold v2 750W Modular PSU
Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro Black 16GB (2x8GB) 3600Mhz
Storage: WD Blue 2 TB 3D NAND Internal SSD M.2 SATA (Around 300GB left)

Things I have tried so far:

• A clean uninstall and re install of the newest driver for my GPU.
  • Re installed the newest drivers for my motherboard chipset.
  • I have removed all apps that may be causing the issue (Razor Chroma, Corsair ICUE)
  • I have whitelisted my Steam and Epic Games folders from my antivirus software.

Solution
Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for any error codes, warnings, or even informational events that happen just before or at the time of the freezes.

= = = =

Power down, unplug, open the case.

Clean out dust and debris.

Verify by sight and feel that all connectors, cards, RAM, and jumpers are fully and firmly connected.

Use a bright flashlight to look for any signs of physical damage: bare conductor showing, melted insulation, pinched or kinked wires.

Browned, blackened, or swollen components.

Hopefully though, just something has become a bit loose over time due to expansion/contraction and/or vibrations.

Ralston18

Titan
Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for any error codes, warnings, or even informational events that happen just before or at the time of the freezes.

= = = =

Power down, unplug, open the case.

Clean out dust and debris.

Verify by sight and feel that all connectors, cards, RAM, and jumpers are fully and firmly connected.

Use a bright flashlight to look for any signs of physical damage: bare conductor showing, melted insulation, pinched or kinked wires.

Browned, blackened, or swollen components.

Hopefully though, just something has become a bit loose over time due to expansion/contraction and/or vibrations.

Solution