Games glitching graphics 7850

Emilz

Honorable
Aug 21, 2013
Hello.

In the last few days I've encountered a strange issue with graphics in every game I've played.
Words won't describe it anywhere as well as a few images, so here are a few. (They won't be full size, sorry)

d1vn.png

I've pointed out the glitching graphics. In the next image you can see how that part is actually supposed to look.

ft6Y6Cm.png

In short, the stuff that is in that tunnel is now doubling and creating some really annoying graphics.

yp4v.png

Again, the glitching part has been pointed out and the next pic shows how it should be looking.

6dy8.png

It actually looks like even in this picture there is a small glitch on the left. Although I can't say for sure.

All in all, so far I have experienced object doubling, some strange reflections from some objects and terrain too. Screenshots are from Metro LL, but I've experienced problems with shadow reflections in GTAIV, some object glitching in Don't Starve, for example a birds nest was totally visible even though it should be barely visible 'cause the bird was sleeping in it.

Also, in the last week or so I have experienced other problems as well, like computer not being able to boot from sleep mode which it has entered on it's own and some really thin lines on the screen right before the starting windows logo when I boot the PC.

My hardware:
FX 8320 @4.5
HD7850 1050/1200
8gigs 1333 DDR3
990xa-ud3
PSU GS700

I have reset the card's OC and the issues persist. However, [strike]I haven't yet set the CPU to stock clocks, but how could this possibly be a CPu related issue?[/strike] Set the CPU back to 3.5 with no boost, issues are still there.

[strike]I'm running 14.1 beta drivers.[/strike]
Is there any chance that the card is dying ot should I try to rollback the drivers?

update:Uninstalled the 14.1 and installed 13.12(which I used for a pretty good time without any issues, at least none that I'd know of) - still no progress. I should probably now just try out the card in another computer to see if it's even worth trying to fix anything here.

Any thoughts at all on this problem would be much appreciated.

SDDAWG

Honorable
Feb 4, 2014
Do you have another video card you can put it to see if it still happens? Just had to replace a 7850 because it would stop sending a signal and put the monitor to sleep. Put a cheap 7570 in and problem solved. Just an idea, replaced the card with a 760 just for info.

Emilz

Honorable
Aug 21, 2013
I'll swap video cards with a friend of mine, seems like it's my best bet to check if it's a hardware related issue.

Don't really suppose anyone around here will give me a straigt solution, but I'd still glady hear some opinions or suggestions on this. :)

Emilz

Honorable
Aug 21, 2013
Tried a 7770 in my PC, still the same issues. Swiped drivers and reinstalled - nothing changed. What's interesting that after I decided to install Don't Starve on my laptop, it was glitching as well(though it might be just a coincidence).
By the way, in VLC player I'm constantly seeing some weird artifacts/freezing or some kind of glitching every 10 minutes. It usally happens in pretty thick(I'd be guessing around 200pix) lines that start anywhere from one side of the screen and end in the middle. Those are visible just for a quick moment, just long enough to notice, nothing else.
Could this possibly be because of a faulty mobo?

SDDAWG

Honorable
Feb 4, 2014
Possibly. Have you tried pulling the card using the on board video to see if it changes? If not try that, also check the pins on the PCI slot and if any pins are bent or damaged. I'm no expert just trying to help. I'm sure you have checked the monitor cable pins to make sure none are bent.

Emilz

Honorable
Aug 21, 2013
Thanks for the input and sorry for the late reply.
I don't have any on board video accelerator. And I've tried a different monitor, connected with another cable - nothing changes. Everything suggests that this is a problem with VRAM but it can't be since I've tried a completely different card and had the totally same issues. I was starting to wonder if perhaps one of RAM sticks is bad, but it doesn't look like it as windows memory diagnostic couldn't find any problems.
Surely there's that chance that this completely is software related, but really I can't imagine what else except for drivers could cause this. And I've swiped and installed previously working drivers several times with no change. Anyways, I'm going to get my old system hdd and see if issues persist even if I boot from that one.

Emilz

Honorable
Aug 21, 2013
Update: took my old system drive and booted the OS from that one. Did a bit of testing but seems like my main issues aren't there anymore. I keep my games on a raid stripe, so I guess those game files couldn't be corrupt because I used the very same game files when testing with this older system drive. Which means the issue is very very likely software related and I really would like to resolve it without having to reinstall my OS once again.
So far I have: swiped drivers in safe mode and reinstalled previously working drivers, reinstalled(repaired) dx, c++ redistributables, disabled any and all GPU OC software features and overclocks, as well as reset BIOS to default settings, but none of that has changed anything at all. I'm running short on options what else to try, so I really would like some help here. Thanks..