Question Games Keep Crashing And Freezing

May 20, 2019
Hey as described above I have some issues with games on my pc, which haven’t occurred before:
For some reason since the last two weeks multiple games keep on my pc keep crashing in the same manner :
First they freeze.
Then they close to the desktop.
However they don’t close without a response they close normally as if have closed them.
What could cause this ? I even reset my whole pc since the install was getting cluttered and slow.
However the problem appeared again even on the new install.
The games where:
Assassins creed odyssey
Battlefield V
Battlefront 2(even managed to hard lock my pc one time)
Total war Warhammer 2
And Rage 2 this time on new install. Crashed again recently this time hard lock with a buzzing sound. Lightning also seems to be a bit glitchy there
My specs are
CPU: i7-8770K 6x@ 3.7ghz
GPU: Zotac Geforce 1080ti Extreme amp!
RAM: 32GB DDR4 Ballistix Sport LT
Mainboard: GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7
SSD(Windows): 500GB
SSD: 250GB
HDD1: 3TB
HDD2: 1TB
HDD3: 5TB
PSU: Don't know the name but it is pretty beefy. Can check later.
Is my hardware faulty ?
I have my PC on a multi power socket to easily turn the power to it on and off. Before the reset twice my power went out, when I turned on the socket. This has never happened before to me in 10+ years. Since then I swapped out the socket and there were 0 outages since then. Just wanted to mention it, since it may been indicator for the issues.
There was one time where my gpu drives set it self to a weird driver number 430.27 or something which does not exist.
So I did some test with software:
I did some test on the memory with the windows 10 tool. The RAM passed without any issues.
Did a 40min Furmark test, with ultra setting at 1440p. There were no issues or high temps on GPU.
Tested the CPU on 12 threads with Prime95 for 20min. Once again nothing out of the ordinary there.
I just can not find the issue.
Can somebody help me ?

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
We'll need to know the make and model of the PSU as well as it's age. There is also no, i7-8770K, Intel never made one. Mind also sharing the make and model of your drives? To add, where did you source the games from? Which version of the OS are you on?