[SOLVED] games keep crashing even though benchmarks show nothing is wrong

May 8, 2021
i recently got a new gpu which is an rx 570 (swapping from interrgrated graphics to an actual new gpu) and i had to upgrade my psu to accommodate my new gpu. without thinking i went on ebay and bought a new psu with the right cables and all that jazz. so anyway i plug everything in and boot it and it works fine and i’m very happy and install my drivers but it said that it wasn’t recognised and after a long day of trying to fix it, i finally fixed it by flashing the bios. i immediately hopped on apex to see my new frames and then a bunch of discoloured squares in a checkers kind of pattern appeared and froze my screen for a couple of seconds before the screen went black and the game crashed. i then tried a bunch of other games and it happened on all of my games even minecraft which i know can easily run, so i downloaded a benchmarked for it to see if it would happen on there but the benchmark runs fine and has smooth frames and doesn’t crash at all. i have tried everything i can do that i saw online, i updated my drivers, i uninstalled and reinstalled them using ddu and even upgraded my ram, i have ordered a new psu, one that has an 80 plus rating and is supposed to be good. i am completely stumped on what else i should do to try and fix it

Solution
i recently got a new gpu which is an rx 570 (swapping from interrgrated graphics to an actual new gpu) and i had to upgrade my psu to accommodate my new gpu.
sorry my mistake, i ordered a pre owned graphics card from ebay
So, you got a new for YOU GPU that you don't really know if it was a working one and you are having issues with it. You messed with the vBIOS and still have issues. I am starting to think that it was used for mining and started acting up and they just tried to get rid of it.

PSU: builder 600w (everything else on the ebay post was just nonsense)
That literally says nothing about the PSU. It seems like it's a crappy one to be honest. Paired with a questionably working GPU and you got a chaos in...
Hello and welcome!

Start by listing your full system specs. Please include the exact make and model of the PSU and the one you have ordered. Having the connections doesn't mean it's capable of reliably providing the power needed.

Messing with vBIOS should have been the LAST resort and not the first. A new GPU should not have corrupted vBIOS.

May 8, 2021
sorry my mistake, i ordered a pre owned graphics card from ebay my full system specs are as follows:

CPU: ryzen 3 3200g with vega 8 graphics

RAM: crucial ballistix 3600MHz 16gb

GPU: asus rog strix rx 570 4gb

hdd: seagate 1tb

i recently got a new gpu which is an rx 570 (swapping from interrgrated graphics to an actual new gpu) and i had to upgrade my psu to accommodate my new gpu.
sorry my mistake, i ordered a pre owned graphics card from ebay
So, you got a new for YOU GPU that you don't really know if it was a working one and you are having issues with it. You messed with the vBIOS and still have issues. I am starting to think that it was used for mining and started acting up and they just tried to get rid of it.

That literally says nothing about the PSU. It seems like it's a crappy one to be honest. Paired with a questionably working GPU and you got a chaos in front of you.
Take a photo of the sticker and upload it to imgur and paste the link here.
What about the new PSU?

Solution

Bassman999

Prominent
Feb 27, 2021
There are prebuilts with 80+ Gold PSUs that are a POS and the main reason pre-builts get a bad name.

Name brand PSUs are important. A cheap one can go bad and take your $$$ components with them potentially