Question Games keep crashing even when exchanging components!

Dec 13, 2020
Hey Guys,

So this started a few months ago with Warzone, it kept freezing and freezing my PC. Resetting the CMOS usually did the trick until it didn't anymore. I kind of ignored it since I was mainly playing Squad and that was working fine. So fast forward to last Thursday when cyberpunk came out, I started having the same issue and even Squad was crashing so I decided to do something. I have tried everything, complete new reinstall of Windows 10 (drivers etc.) , new PSU, new CPU and new Motherboard. I don't think its storage since Crystalmark7 didn't pick up anything and I tested the games on both SSDs, windows built in memory test didn't report anything on RAM and I don't think its thermal since CPU goes up to 70°C and GPU 65-70°C. So what could it be?

Specs:
CPU:
Intel Core i7 10700KF @ 3.80GHz

Motherboard:
MSI MPG Z490 GAMING EDGE WIFI

RAM:
2x 8GB DDR-2400MHZ Hyperx Fury
2x 8GB DDR-3200MHZ Hyperx Fury

GPU:
Asus NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Strix

Storage:
1TB Crucial CT1000P1SSD8 SSD
500GB Samsung SSD 960
2TB TOSHIBA DT01ACA200 HDD

PSU:
Corsair CX750M

Cooling:
NZXT Kraken x62 Water Cooler

I will take any help I can get and thanks in advance.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Possible flags that I see:
1)Ram is only guaranteed to work as sold. When you mix, you become the beta tester for that configuration.
Windows Memory Diagnostic isn't very good.
Run Memtest86 overnight - free download, not the Pro version. It takes a few hours to complete. Results should be error-free, with no hangs or crashes.

2)Psu + gpu combo.
-Test with a different psu
-Use Msi Afterburner or EVGA Precision X, drop the power limit slider way down, click Apply, and test the games.

3)Crystal Mark is a benchmark - it doesn't identify the parameters of the storage, such as health, temperature, and so on.
Crystal Disk Info.

Reactions: MorganPike
Dec 13, 2020
Possible flags that I see:
1)Ram is only guaranteed to work as sold. When you mix, you become the beta tester for that configuration.
Windows Memory Diagnostic isn't very good.
Run Memtest86 overnight - free download, not the Pro version. It takes a few hours to complete. Results should be error-free, with no hangs or crashes.

2)Psu + gpu combo.
-Test with a different psu
-Use Msi Afterburner or EVGA Precision X, drop the power limit slider way down, click Apply, and test the games.

3)Crystal Mark is a benchmark - it doesn't identify the parameters of the storage, such as health, temperature, and so on.
Crystal Disk Info.
I cant believe it, truing the Power Limit down to 0% has solved an issue that has been troubling me for months and took away my entire weekend. Thanks man !

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Oh. Hmm...

For the system to be stable after turning down the gpu's power limit, usually points to the psu; that's the part in the PC that gives psus the most trouble.
Is that one of the factory overclocked gpus? Perhaps the factory OC is a little too much for the current psu. :unsure:

Dec 13, 2020
Oh. Hmm...

For the system to be stable after turning down the gpu's power limit, usually points to the psu; that's the part in the PC that gives psus the most trouble.
Is that one of the factory overclocked gpus? Perhaps the factory OC is a little too much for the current psu. :unsure:
Oh. Hmm...

Well I have a corsair CX750 750W 80 Bronze, so I don't thinks its the PSU