Question Games keep crashing randomly

Feb 17, 2021
Every game I play keeps crashing randomly to desktop with 0 error code. I have tried using ddu to uninstall and reinstall drivers, I've uninstalled windows 10 and reinstalled it, I've stress tested my gpu, cpu and ram and the test came back fine, I've ran memtest86, I've verified game files, sfc /scannow, chkdsk on all my drives my temps for gpu and cpu stay below 65 I've never seen them go over. Nothing has worked please help they crash after 5-10 minutes of playing.
My specs are
Ryzen 7 3700x
b550 aus tuf
g skill ddr4 3200mhz 16gb
gtx 1070
corsair 850rm gold +

Feb 17, 2021
Games im experiencing crahsing are The Forest, Devour, Phasmaphobia, gta 5, rust (steam) the division 2 (play) and battlefield 5 and battlefield 1 (origin) I used Unigine Superposition for gpu, cpu z benchmark, and user benchmark benchmark. i have gotten a 0xc0000005 error and a UnityPlayer.dll error and a nvwgf2umx.dll error.

though the "0xc0000005" error is sometimes associated with memory issues, it can be caused by missing drivers and\or invalid registry entries. the others are all specific driver errors.

are these games installed through the official launchers & install packages or did you just copy\paste them over from a previous installation?

i imagine you have installed\updated all of your system drivers since the reinstall of Windows?

Feb 17, 2021
Yeah I have reinstalled all drivers and am on the latest bios, when i reinstalled windows i also formatted my drives and redownlaoded my games but the issue remains i do have clsid warnings in event viewer but they are all at different time then the time when the games crash.

have you ensured you have the latest redistibutables(dotnet & visual c++ ) installed?

when installing Windows did you download the latest install package from Microsoft or is it an older copy?

are the games installed on a different drive than the OS and benchmarking utilities?

try checking Device Manager for any issues.

you can also try each stick of memory separately in each DIMM slot to ensure one of those RAM stick or DIMM slots isn't acting up.

very strange that you can run a Unigine app without issue, but games won't. and get game specific driver errors when those games are supposedly fully installed correctly.

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2021
Device manager is clear, I installed the windows 10 october 2020 update which to my knowledge is the latest, I thought it was weird aswell I tried Unigine in game mdoe and walked around for about 30 minutes with 0 problems how do i see if i have the latest C++ and dotnet ive already check directx

installing the latest Windows update and downloading the latest complete OS install package are not the same thing.
if the install package you used is somehow slightly corrupted, but still works, or you're missing certain drivers or something similar for some reason Windows Update would not detect this.

the only way i know of to ensure you have the latest dotnet and vc++ is to download and install the latest version from their websites.

TRENDING THREADS