Question Games keep crashing. RTX 3080 and Ryzen 9 5950x

Feb 28, 2023
Task manager shows different CPU loads than other monitoring software. R6 siege showed 4% cpu usage and 99% gpu usage on their benchmark. Task Manager showed 30% cpu usage during this benchmark. Temps are pretty normal around 60-70 C for CPU and 55 -70 C for gpu. I recently reinstalled windows and now I cant play games. Also sometimes the pc restarts itself or the screens go black. I am so confused. I have no idea what to try and fix.

Don't bother us with "other" monitoring utilities. If you're not using JUST HWinfo (And I do NOT mean "HWmonitor", open hardware monitor, or ANYTHING else) then you are wasting YOUR time, and ours.

Afterburner, and other "GPU tweak" utilities that are manufacturer specific are generally ok too but ONLY for graphics card related reporting.

Download, install and run HWinfo. Choose the "Sensors only" option and be sure "Summary" is disabled.

Use THAT information to make ANY and ALL decisions about what is doing what. About the only exception to that is if you are running a Ryzen based system in which case Ryzen master is trustworthy.

And before asking ANYTHING else here, please do us AND yourself, the favor of providing the EXACT hardware specifications we are looking at. CPU, motherboard, memory kit (EXACT, including if there are more than one model or more than one kit even if it is the same model), graphics card (EXACT model, not just "3080"), EXACT power supply model and how long it has been in service, CPU cooler, case, can fan configuration (For EACH fan, including location AND orientation) and what Windows build version you are running as well as what your current motherboard BIOS version is.

That, will give us a good BASELINE, for going forward.

Feb 28, 2023
Don't bother us with "other" monitoring utilities. If you're not using JUST HWinfo (And I do NOT mean "HWmonitor", open hardware monitor, or ANYTHING else) then you are wasting YOUR time, and ours.

Afterburner, and other "GPU tweak" utilities that are manufacturer specific are generally ok too but ONLY for graphics card related reporting.

Download, install and run HWinfo. Choose the "Sensors only" option and be sure "Summary" is disabled.

Use THAT information to make ANY and ALL decisions about what is doing what. About the only exception to that is if you are running a Ryzen based system in which case Ryzen master is trustworthy.

And before asking ANYTHING else here, please do us AND yourself, the favor of providing the EXACT hardware specifications we are looking at. CPU, motherboard, memory kit (EXACT, including if there are more than one model or more than one kit even if it is the same model), graphics card (EXACT model, not just "3080"), EXACT power supply model and how long it has been in service, CPU cooler, case, can fan configuration (For EACH fan, including location AND orientation) and what Windows build version you are running as well as what your current motherboard BIOS version is.

That, will give us a good BASELINE, for going forward.

No worries dude fixed it myself, I think. Ran Cinebench to make CPU was loading up properly, it was. Reset ram clocks and changes pcie the gpu was in.

Reactions: Darkbreeze