Question Games Keep Crashing to desktop

weazle

Reputable
Nov 13, 2014
Started about a month ago, at first it was just with Ghost Recon Wildlands, I could play the multiplayer but playing the campaign anywhere from 0-3 minutes would either cause a CTD OR Freeze with the sound still playing and crash/have to force close.

It has then effected R6S I cant get through more than 1 round if it even lasts that long before it crashes to my desktop.

At this point I decided to refresh windows, it didnt fix it so I reinstalled Windows all together. Still is happening.

ESO has done the freezing two times, and Borderlands 2 is the same.

I decided to try Squads out and I cant even sit on the Menu for longer than 4 minuted before it crashes, But in this case my monitors flicker, it will stop sending a signal to my television, my tv will say nothings going to it, the sound will stop but it still seems to think i have three monitors plugged in as If i unplug the tv the monitors refresh.

Strange thing is I played League perfectly fine 3 games in a row and nothing bad.

thought it might be a psu issue but I went and downloaded afterburner and put the power up to the max, nothing changed.

I'm at a complete loss here guys any help would be appreciated.

GeForce GTX 1080 TI
I5-8500
Gloway 8GB DDR4, 2400MHz
Windows 10.

weazle

Reputable
Nov 13, 2014
make and model of the psu?
cpu/gpu temp and usage during the game?
ram usage?
run any memort test?
Seasonic FOCUS 750 Gold SSR-750FM 750W

Squad
51 C Task says 80% cpu
76 C 800MB RAM usage

r6s
54c 91% cpu
67c 2100MB RAM usage

someone suggested I do this for 24 hours, I'm not really sure waht im doing though how many MB of RAM am i suppose to test?