[SOLVED] Games keep crashing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 5, 2020
Hi there,
4 week ago i finished building my pc, since i had several bluescreens and my games kept crashing (WoT, Trackmania, Minecraft, Metro Exodus).
Hardware:
-AMD Ryzen 5 3600x (i am also using the wraith cooler)
  • MSI GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER 6 GB GAMING X
  • MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX
-Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600
-Crucial P1 500 GB M.2-2280
-be quiet! Pure Power 11 CM 500 W
What i already did:
Diver updates
Windows updates
Checkt Windows for mistakes
Memory diagnosis
But no error was found

Has anyone a idea why it keeps crashing?

Solution
Some issue with your RAM:

DOCP enabled? RAM speed set to 3600 and Infinity-fabric-speed to 1800 (manually)?

If yes, try DRAM-voltage 1.4 and SOC-voltage 1.1.

If OK---> keep it
if NOK---> keep DOCP enabled, set DRAM speed manually to 3200 and infinity-fabric to 1600 ( manually).

if OK----> you might keep it( but looks like, that RAM sticks are not performing as intended ----> try other RAM-sticks)
if NOK----> try other RAM-sticks

mamasan2000

Distinguished
BANNED
Sounds like memory error. Do thorough memory test.
Start it, put in 2000, open new instance and same again, 2000. Open 6 instances. Let it run to at least 100% with all instances if no errors. Recommended to run it til 400%.
If you do get errors, your memory settings are wrong. Or they could be in the wrong slots, generally slot 2 and 4 from the CPU. Or both.

If you do run XMP, might have to lower some primary timings and/or add slightly more voltage. Like 1.35v -> 1.37v.

alexbirdie

Respectable
Some issue with your RAM:

DOCP enabled? RAM speed set to 3600 and Infinity-fabric-speed to 1800 (manually)?

If yes, try DRAM-voltage 1.4 and SOC-voltage 1.1.

If OK---> keep it
if NOK---> keep DOCP enabled, set DRAM speed manually to 3200 and infinity-fabric to 1600 ( manually).

if OK----> you might keep it( but looks like, that RAM sticks are not performing as intended ----> try other RAM-sticks)
if NOK----> try other RAM-sticks

Solution

COLGeek

Cybernaut
First, make sure you aren't overclocking anything (CPU, GPU, memory). Then, drop your memory speed in the BIOS to 2133 (default DDR4 speed).

If the system is stable at this non-OCed baseline, you can inch up the memory speeds to get closer to the rated speed. If the system isn't stable at default speeds, then there are likely Windows/BIOS issues to resolve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS