Question Games keep crashing ?

Jun 8, 2022
An Asus FX505DT laptop with a 1650 GPU.

VALORANT and Genshin Impact crash like once roughly every 30 mins or so.

Destiny 2 and Apex legends crashes every 5 minutes.

My games keep crashing with gpu related errors.

Specifically these errors: Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

The description for Event ID 14 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

\Device\Video3

21b6(3234) 00000000 00000000

The message resource is present but the message was not found in the message table

Tried Clean installing drivers, downgrading drivers and still keeps crashing. Temps also seem to fine (doesn't exceed 80C).

But underclocking it a bit reduces the frequency of crashes by a lot. Please help me out.

Hey there,

Are all your system drivers up to date? Including the AMD power profile setting to 'Ryzen Balanced'.

Are you running anything like Asus Armoury Crate? If so uninstall/disable them. Same with Ryzen Master/CTR

Presumably the laptop is plugged in, whilst testing? Is your battery fully functional. You should be able to test it to see if it's still at capacity.

Jun 8, 2022
Yes, i've updated drivers (tried DDU and downgrading too).
I've disabled and uninstalled all kinds of bloat software.
Yes, i always play with the laptop plugged in.

But the laptop battery seems to be at half it's intended capacity.

Jun 8, 2022
Unfortunately, my manufacturer's BIOS doesn't give any control other than booting options.
Also, i tried checking if it was a faulty ram stick using mem86 and seems like ram isn't the issue.
I have a strong feeling this is something with the drivers on my system. GPU doesn't look like it's failing.