Games keep cutting out randomly.

Benc12

Notable
Jul 12, 2017
So first off my specs are:

Processor Intel Core i7 Quad Core Processor i7-7700k (4.2GHz)
Motherboard: ASUS® STRIX B250H GAMING: ATX, LGA1151, USB 3.0, SATA 6GBs
Memory: 8GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 2133MHz (2 x 4GB)
Graphics Card: 6GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1060
SSD: 120GB Gigabyte SSD
Hard Disk: 2TB SEAGATE FIRECUDA 3.5" SSHD
power Supply: CORSAIR 650W TXm SERIES™ MODULAR 80 GOLD

And recently my games have been cutting out randomly. Sometimes coming up with the error message "your rendering device has been lost", but other times just not displaying anything and making my left (monitor games are played on) responsive. My temperatures arent reaching over 71 degrees as a maximum. I can see the temp at all times as the main game it is happening in is overwatch and it has a built in temp clock. I've also recently done a clean install of windows, which also meant a clean install of overwatch and the other games. I usual game crashes out myself, but this one has really stumped me, and is really frustrating.

Benc12

Notable
Jul 12, 2017

Yeah, i used the media tool, on a fresh pendrive. I removed all partitions on the old drive etc. And so far it does seem to only be overwatch yes.

MLG_No_Scope

Respectable
May 23, 2017
just to be sure, is the game itself cutting out randomly or is the audio cutting out randomly?

if it is the game, the problem can be variant. the problem didn't fix when reinstalling the games or clean install with the OS (windows).

So i think it is a problem with the GPU driver. Might be outdated or something is bad about it.
Updating it or reinstalling a better GPU driver should fix it. give it a try

if it is a problem with audio, then re enable the audio drivers and restarting your pc will 9/10 fix it

Benc12

Notable
Jul 12, 2017

When the game cuts out and it says "rendering device lost" the audio is still on my headset for a brief while. I can hear team mates asking why im standing still. But when it makes my monitor freeze everything goes instantly but the picture is stuck. Before i did an install of windows i cleaned out the drivers using DDU. and then reinstalled them. When i did the clean install of windows. I required to install my drivers again. Nothing changed though.