Question Games keep freezing after new graphics card

May 23, 2020
So I previously posted with problems of pc crashing and figured out it was my harddrive failing. So I got a SSD and my pc ran so much smoother, but games had artifacts, and I thought my graphics was failing too. But I figured out that drivers needed to be installed by a software not by normal means. THEN games started randomly crashing/ whole pc crashing (BSOD). So I finally went out and said <<Edited by moderator>> it and I bought a XFX Radeon RX 5600XT. And games now run extremely smooth. Atleast on my tests, stress tests, checking games, etc. so I went to actually play a game (rainbow six siege) and it froze. And I thought nothing of it cuz I thought it was a game glitch. Then I tried to play forza, TWICE, and everytime I got halfway through the tutorial the game would freeze and make that loud pc stutter death rattle noise. All of these times I had to manually shut off the computer. And now I’m simply playing Skyrim and it’s doing the same thing. It runs completely smooth and then randomly freezes out of no where, without warning.
CPU: AMD FX-8350 black edition
GPU: XFX Radeon RX5600XT
Ram: 12GB G.SKILL RIPJAW
4GB Kingston HyperX

Last edited by a moderator:
Like to see if using DDU and reinstalling my drivers actually did something
You can try UserBenchmark but that doesnt test your psu obviously but then again there is no certainty that this issue is caused by a malfunctioning psu so doing a benchmark test such as the one i mentioned could give you some insight on what might be the issue.

When you've done the test, please reply with the result link.

May 23, 2020
You can try UserBenchmark but that doesnt test your psu obviously but then again there is no certainty that this issue is caused by a malfunctioning psu so doing a benchmark test such as the one i mentioned could give you some insight on what might be the issue.

When you've done the test, please reply with the result link.
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/30037772

Those are my results. Everytime i do it i seem to get better results then the last. but i noticed that typically either my pc components are rated highly individually or all but cpu are rated highly and the cpu is said to have performed subpar due to high background cpu stuff. I have noticed occasionally like something random will spike cpu usage for no reason, but never for too long, only when im already doing something demanding. like running the test. This time again it said high usage 20% background. But all in all it rates my computer very poorly but says it should run games and the likes very well (kinda contradictory but hey). It also can't seem to test my ram properly. It looks as if its successful when watching the cmd script during the test, but it never shows the results. I assumed its because i have 3 G.Skill Ripjaws and 1 Kingston HyperX (the one the benchmark identifies primarily)

May 23, 2020
since your last message I believe i have confirmed its only in games that it happens. If I pause game and leave room it almost definitely crashes. I'm not sure what idling has to do with raising the odds of crash, but it does. You think that would be the least demanding. The types of crashes i get are, primarily, playing the game and without warning or seemingly reason the game freezes. No prior reason, flawless FPS on Ultra (i usually do very high because i know my processor despite being one of the best processors out there despite how old it is, is still old, and can't compete with the 2 threads per core newer cpus have despite newer having lower speeds) no lag no nothing just stop out of nowhere accompanied by that stuttering sound. Unlike before i got this new graphics card, the pc no longer BSOD's. Most of the time that it will completely freeze up and i can only act by shutting the computer off manually, it wont let me control alt delete or anything. I presume those cases are pure cpu aneurism and i can tell because my chroma keyboard is set to wave, so the lights flow like a rainbow across the keyboard and when that freeze happens the lights stop too mid flow. occasionally that same freeze wont kill the cpu and i notice because the keyboard lights are still moving. And i can press the xbox home button and open the home menu when playing forza. Typically i then can force end forza and restart. a little less often that freeze will simply crash the game itself and my computer doesnt even interrupt itself. it just glitches kills game and that's it. I just gotta reopen it. The other ones scare me more. Ive had it only happen once so far but i was playing the game the game stuttered and then the screen went green. Had to manually restart. The last one i can think of is static. Basically i will be playing and the typical, game runs smoothly, stops out of nowhere, stutters, goes black for a split second, and then its just tv static, active tv static like when you were on a dead channel on a tv, or when there was no vhs in the tape player. that one concerns me most, never seen something like that.