[SOLVED] Games keep freezing

Ferfolho

Reputable
Dec 3, 2019
Basically, i've been having freezes in pretty much every single game that i've tried to play. Just cause 2, TF2, you name it. The menu's always fine, the game boots up a save, i play for 10-30 seconds and the game freezes, usually displaying some error message. Unsure about what the problem could be. The only thing i'm able to do is downclock my PC, which indeed solves the issue, but gives me a worse performance. Also tried checking the temps, and they're fine.
PC specs:
i3-2100
Gtx 650
8gb of RAM
350w PSU
Asus H61M-A Motherboard

Solution
You might want to stick to one thread unless you want spaghetti brains to develop for the community and yourself.

As for your issue, have you tried replacing the PSU with a donor unit that's built reliably and has at least 500W of power at the entire system's disposal? BIOS version for your motherboard? What OS are you working with? If Windows 10, mention what version(not edition) you're on and where you sourced the installer for the OS from.

Ferfolho

Reputable
Dec 3, 2019
Basically, i've been having freezes in pretty much every single game that i've tried to play. Just cause 2, TF2, you name it. The menu's always fine, the game boots up a save, i play for 10-30 seconds and the game freezes, usually displaying some error message. Unsure about what the problem could be. The only thing i'm able to do is downclock my PC, which indeed solves the issue, but gives me a worse performance. Also tried checking the temps, and they're fine.
PC specs:
i3-2100
Gtx 650
8gb of RAM (ddr3)
BLU350-K ATX 350w PSU
Asus H61M-A Motherboard

Lutfij

Titan
You might want to stick to one thread unless you want spaghetti brains to develop for the community and yourself.

As for your issue, have you tried replacing the PSU with a donor unit that's built reliably and has at least 500W of power at the entire system's disposal? BIOS version for your motherboard? What OS are you working with? If Windows 10, mention what version(not edition) you're on and where you sourced the installer for the OS from.

Solution

Ferfolho

Reputable
Dec 3, 2019

Yup, problem was a faulty, old PSU. Thank you.

TRENDING THREADS