Question Games like COD, and apex crash, but not other games.. bad motherboard?

Mar 29, 2022
Here Are my specs

mobo: ASRock B550 Extreme4
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x
GPU Asus Geforce GTX 3050
RAM: 2x16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600 MHz
PSU: Corsair 850w
everything in this pc has been put in within the past 4 months. I can play games such as: Fifa, No Mans Sky, Valorant, Fortnite, and Battlefield. When I try to play COD and Apex Legends, my pc crashes. For call of duty the crash will happen before the small load up window even starts for the game. For apex Legends the small load up window will fully load, then crash when the game tries to go to the main screen. When the crash happens, I get a black screen for a couple seconds and then the ASRock startup pops up with the wheel as if I restarted my pc. I've done everything and have gone as far as factory resetting my pc. if anyone has any other ideas or possible problems it could be please let me know. the psu and gpu have been bought within the past 3 weeks and this was happening with my old gpu and psu so I can rule out those two components. Could it possibly be a faulty motherboard? thanks in advance!

you may have just found the problem.... " american megatrends Inc. P1.20, 8/13/2020"

there's 6 different bios updates after that one. would I need to update all of them on my pc or just the newest one?
Im not 100% with ASRock motherboards so please wait for someone with more experience with them to advise you further. Some motherboards let you skip versions, some you must do in sequence.

Mar 29, 2022
you may have just found the problem.... " american megatrends Inc. P1.20, 8/13/2020"
Im not 100% with ASRock motherboards so please wait for someone with more experience with them to advise you further. Some motherboards let you skip versions, some you must do in sequence.
thank you so much, If this ends up working i owe you a beer for saving me from buying a whole new motherboard